Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Money App Permissions

(Topic created on: 15-02-2023 06:16 PM)
Macy72
Explorer
Options
Wonder if anyone has a workaround for this as the Virgin helpline were unhelpful. I set up my S23+ without smart switch or restore, so basically downloaded all my apps again manually. 

The only one I am having issues with is the Virgin Money app. When trying to download statements it says it doesn't not have storage permissions. I head over to permissions and see that it does not have this as an option to allow. Checked my S10+ which is still on Android 12 and can see that this permission is requested and granted.

How am I supposed to give storage permission to this app if it does not request it?

Ps. Also noted I cannot see the storage permission on my Tab S7+ which is also on Android 13.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
schofier
First Poster
Options
Finally. New update available today has fixed the Android 13 statement download issue.

View solution in context

18 REPLIES 18
nathan2004
Student
Options
I'm having the same issue, did you find a solution?
0 Likes
Macy72
Explorer
Options
No. My guess is the app has not been updated for Android 13. I have asked them about it in the app store but have not had much luck there either. If you manage to get it to work I'd love to know how
nathan2004
Student
Options
I'll keep you posted if anything changes, I'm desperately in need of my statements as I'm using them for my new property rental contract
Macy72
Explorer
Options
I'll do the same, hopefully they'll sort something out soon.
0 Likes
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options
I'm having the same issue with the EDF app. In Android 13, there's no option to allow access to storage or to allow notifications. In Android 12 on my S5e tablet, the options are there.
0 Likes
Macy72
Explorer
Options
Just checked the permissions and there weren't any to allow or disallow. Went into the app next and saw there was an update. Did that and now no permissions allowed but camera and phone are showing under not allowed. Went back to the app to turn on push notifications and it takes me to the app setting where it says all notifications from this app are blocked. And it won't allow me to toggle the switch on.
Gav_hay
Pioneer
Options
Yep, that's what I'm getting with the EDF app as well. In Permission Manager > Notifications, I can’t even see the EDF app in the list!
0 Likes
Macy72
Explorer
Options
So there was an update in the Google Play Store for me. And I can confirm the storage issue has been fixed and i can view my statements
0 Likes
Harvey2290
First Poster
Options
I'm trying to download a file for Virgin App I keep getting the message ( ah we dont have permission to download file) I've checked everything on phone to allow this to happen anymore people had the same issue
0 Likes