Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Money App Permissions

(Topic created on: 15-02-2023 06:16 PM)
Macy72
Explorer
Options
Wonder if anyone has a workaround for this as the Virgin helpline were unhelpful. I set up my S23+ without smart switch or restore, so basically downloaded all my apps again manually. 

The only one I am having issues with is the Virgin Money app. When trying to download statements it says it doesn't not have storage permissions. I head over to permissions and see that it does not have this as an option to allow. Checked my S10+ which is still on Android 12 and can see that this permission is requested and granted.

How am I supposed to give storage permission to this app if it does not request it?

Ps. Also noted I cannot see the storage permission on my Tab S7+ which is also on Android 13.

Go to solution
18 REPLIES 18
BN44
Pathfinder
Options

Have you made sure to check for a Google Play Store update as the poster mentioned above? Sometimes you actually have to go into the Play Store settings menu under 'about' to nudge it into updating.

0 Likes
Macy72
Explorer
Options
Nope. It's broke again. I can get statements in the Credit card app but not the Virgin Money app.
0 Likes
Clive1954
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same problem here on Tab S8. I have also got a Samsung S20 plus which is working fine with Virgin Money app. I've checked the permissions between the two devices and they are exactly the same not sure what to do next.  It's obviously a bug in the app I think or on the tablet. The two devices are running Android 13 and have the latest Virgin Money App.

0 Likes
NicknameRequired
Journeyman
Options
Me too S23 Ultra
0 Likes
mozmonster
First Poster
Options
Both me and the wife have the S23
Exact same phone. I've checked the permissions and they are all set the same. She can ac ess her statements but I can't. I've tried Google Play for the update, there wasn't one.
0 Likes
cc12244
First Poster
Options
It's ridiculous that this still hasn't been fixed!
0 Likes
nettie744
First Poster
Options
I have still got problem cannot download my virgin statements. Been through whole phone for updates and permissions, done everything on stated on here, and no joy. Would really appreciate any feedback if anyone has solved this thx 😊
0 Likes
Solution
schofier
First Poster
Options
Finally. New update available today has fixed the Android 13 statement download issue.
Macy72
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the heads up. I'd stopped bothering with the app because of this issue so hadn't noticed it had been fixed.
0 Likes