Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S23 No Network Connection after the latest update

(Topic created on: 12-10-2023 12:02 PM)
SamJS
Apprentice
Options

I did the latest S23 update this morning (12/10/2023).  Ever since the update was completed I have had no network signal, despite the network provider having no issues in the area.  I have restarted the phone several times, checked that the SIM is registered and that no further Samsung updates are lurking.  I really do not want to have to reset the phone back to factory settings as we leave home tomorrow and it takes forever to remember and get everything downloaded and logged into again.  What other options are there please? Help

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@SamJS: To begin with, please head to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access point names, and check to make sure that your network plan is registered here. If it isn't, tap the 3 dots in the top right > Reset to default, to see if this helps. Tap the Back button > Network operators > Select automatically, and make sure that this is toggled on. 

If the problem persists, power off your phone, remove the SIM card and give the gold contacts a rub with a dry, microfibre cloth, then re-insert it and power the device back on. When the phone has finished booting, check the top left corner of the lock screen, where your network details should be visible. 

To further troubleshoot the issue, please head to Settings > Connections > SIM card manager, and make sure that your SIM is recognised, and toggled on. Also, you may wish to head to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings, although please be aware that this will also reset your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings. 

View solution in context

16 REPLIES 16
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Try doing clear cache partition. Steps are as follows.

Power off device

Connect charging cable in type c output either laptop or computer

Prees power and volume up immediately

When logo samaung and android together appears let go off buttons

The bootloader prompt will occur

Use volume down for moving downwards navigate to clear wipe cache partition

Press the volume up or down to say yes

Then it will proceed

Use volume down again after it's completed to reboot device now
0 Likes
SamJS
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for such a fast reply, I am away to try this just now

0 Likes
SamJS
Apprentice
Options

It hasn't worked unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@SamJS: To begin with, please head to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access point names, and check to make sure that your network plan is registered here. If it isn't, tap the 3 dots in the top right > Reset to default, to see if this helps. Tap the Back button > Network operators > Select automatically, and make sure that this is toggled on. 

If the problem persists, power off your phone, remove the SIM card and give the gold contacts a rub with a dry, microfibre cloth, then re-insert it and power the device back on. When the phone has finished booting, check the top left corner of the lock screen, where your network details should be visible. 

To further troubleshoot the issue, please head to Settings > Connections > SIM card manager, and make sure that your SIM is recognised, and toggled on. Also, you may wish to head to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings, although please be aware that this will also reset your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings. 

SamJS
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Andrew.  That has sorted it.

I had looked at and tried some of these options before but worked was going into 'network operators' and toddling the slider off and back on.  Thank you very much for your help, disaster averted :smiling-face:

sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Oh no sorry to hear hopefully anyone on here cam suggest
0 Likes
srgare08
First Poster
Options

After updating to the new UI 6.0 software, my phone connection is terrible. I have an s23 and the service was great before and then I tried all these things and they worked temporarily. Eventually I factory reset my phone and it worked for 1 day and now I'm in the same boat. Will there be an update to fix this problem?

0 Likes
Jayggravated
Student
Options

My S23 Ultra has been having bad reception issues when gaming, especially if I move from one room to another or even just a foot or two. This has never happened before the latest One UI update. A quick fix is to switch Wi-Fi on and off but that's a pain during gaming. I hope the next update fixes this. 

J00st1
Student
Options

Same problem here. It happens to the Wifi and 4G / 5G connection. Turn on/off always fixes it temporarily. The same for changing DNS settings and MAC address settings and a full network reset.

0 Likes