Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 camera

(Topic created on: 29-03-2024 06:38 PM)
Debbzy
Journeyman
Options
I've just upgraded my phone from the galaxy S9 to S23 and I was looking forward to taking some quality photos due to the S23's supposedly superior camera. To say I am disappointed with it is an understatement. The photos are not good quality. I've spent hours going through the settings and searching for answers on the Internet. Before I return the phone to the shop does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you. 
13 REPLIES 13
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I what way are the pictures worse than S9?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Debbzy: Moving from the 12MP camera on the S9 to the 50MP camera on the S23, it is disappointing to hear that you have not noticed an improvement in the quality of the photos. One thing you might want to try is tapping 12M at the top of the screen while in Photo mode, and selecting '50MP', so you're able to capture higher resolution images. If you're still unhappy with the results, then please provide further details of your query, as this will be helpful as part of the troubleshooting process. 

0 Likes
Debbzy
Journeyman
Options
When I zoom in to take a closer photo it's grainy and blurry. In normal range the photos look over sharp if that makes sense.
0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I moved from a S20U to Note20U to S24U and I can tell that despite a few hiccups the S24U camera is one of the best I know, if I had to buy a phone for a friend I'd buy them S21 upwards if they want a nice camera. I get it you miss your phone, but I hope you will enjoy the S23 as well.
AndrewL
Options

@Debbzy: The Galaxy S23 features 3x optical zoom, so anything beyond this will utilise digital zoom, which can result in a loss of detail depending on the lighting conditions. The One UI 6.1 update is set to introduce a new feature to the Camera Assistant app, available from the Galaxy Store, called 'Upscale digital zoom'. This will upscale pictures captured using digital zoom to the camera's selected resolution, and should help to produce better results for you. 

Debbzy
Journeyman
Options
Hi Andrew. Thank you so much for your reply. It's maybe me not using it right. I am sending a very boring photo of my fireplace I've just taken with the 50mp. It's so grainy and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 1711739391219.jpg
0 Likes
Debbzy
Journeyman
Options
Thank you so much for your reply. Other than the camera I'm very happy with it. It's probably me not using it right but I never seemed to have a problem with my S9. It was just the night photos that weren't brilliant. I appreciate your comment and I probably need to just get used to it. Thank you. 😊
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
You are welcome. Its up to you to keep the phone, I just gave my opinion. I stay with Samsung for other reasons, I too agree the pictures should be sharper on this expensive phone. Wether you chose to keep the phone or try a different one I hope you find 100% satisfaction and value for your money.
Debbzy
Journeyman
Options
I have loved the galaxy S range for many years. The first one I had was the S3. I am reluctant to switch phones. The galaxy S has served me well for many years and only ever had to replace them because they were old and slow. I would have liked the S24 but it is out of my budget at the moment. But thank you. You have helped me to make up my mind to persevere with it.