Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question re eSIM, transferring from one Samsung phone to another Samsung phone

(Topic created on: 13-09-2023 04:16 PM)
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I'm just asking this for future reference.

Is this a straightforward procedure?  

Watch4 Classic
Galaxy S24 Ultra / 512 GB / Microsoft Launcher / Spigen Thin Fit case
6 REPLIES 6
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I would like to know this as well. I had an esim on an iPhone and it trasnfered it to another iPhone fine. However when my iPhone went wrong and they had to give me a replacement after they had taken mine in this is where the issue started as the new iPhone needed to text a pin number to my phone to confirm the esim which of course it couldn't because the esim had been deleted in the other phone. I know this was an iPhone case however samsung will likely be the same. Unless you have both phones at the same time it won't work. It was a pain in the backside had to travel to store fill out paper work. Never ever again until samsung literally forces me to go esim.
0 Likes
Stiobhan
Pathfinder
Options
Very straight forward, I removed it from my phone and vodafone sent me an email with the qr code to put on the new phone.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
So basically as long as your not on EE it will fine. Did you just phone vodafone and they sent you email straight away? My options were the ee store or wait 72 hours for a qr in the post 🤣
0 Likes
Stiobhan
Pathfinder
Options
I deleted it and about 15mins got the email.
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

So as I understand it, we don't transfer the eSIM but delete it and order a new one or the provider sends us a QR copy of the one we have?  

I was hoping SmartSwitch would handle this.  Whatever happens I'll figure this out.

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes
davehorne
Troubleshooter
Options

I just now saw this ... Samsung One UI 5.1 supports device-to-device eSIM transfers - SamMobile

Watch4 Classic
0 Likes