Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One ui 6.1 battery drain

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Amir2099
Pioneer
Options
Hi everyone , I have noticed since I updated my s23 ultra to one ui 6.1 my battery drains much faster when doing similar tasks. Its quite concerning. 

I've also noticed my phone takes a bit longer to fully charge too. 

I'm frustrated by the fast battery drain and not sure what to do. Has anyone else experienced this ? If so what did you do ?

Thanks 
Amir 
7 REPLIES 7
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

If you check the forum it has numerous generic solutions to generic issues 

JELL522
Explorer
Options
Mine is opening a new blank note instead it opens the note underneath the new note button. It's driving me mad 😆 I've asked if anyone knows what is going on and will send me the instructions on how to sort it out.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JELL522: I have tried to recreate this issue, however I was able to successfully open a new note when the button was positioned over a note thumbnail. Is the issue persistent, or does it only occur occasionally? Are you making sure to take care when tapping the New note button, as I appreciate that it is quite small? As a workaround, you may wish to scroll to the bottom of the landing page, so there are no notes positioned beneath the New note button. 

0 Likes
Nimda8
Explorer
Options
Hi Amir,

Just wondered, if you turn off the AI features in settings, do you still get a drain.
Also if you clear all data from your health app temporarily and don't use it, it would be interesting to see if doing both, or either stopped the drain.

You might then see if its in the system, or in those features.

One thing I noticed is that google seem to be including sensors much more in a way that you cannot deny their permissions across a wide range of app and system use that's against user privacy.
We obiously, lets say, wouldn't want our health constantly monitored and the sensor info being sold to health insurance companies to profile us.

I wonder if AI is turned off until occasionally needed, after the initial buzz of using circle to search has passed, will give normal battery use again.

Good luck, I've not updated mine yet.
MrGM
Apprentice
Options

same with s23+, 6.1 phone doesn't last a day now, even without really using it a lot.... after April's update it lasts barely a day, seems they are trying to fix it but not there yet.......

Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

In most cases this will be down to an app burning through your battery juice and not the update.

If you go to battery settings, you can see what is using your nice.

Then go to Device Care and see if there is anything showing in there. Once done, click on optimise now to close apps that don't need to be running.
0 Likes
Members_4oiOpJ5
First Poster
Options

OneUI Home comes to mind as one of the apps using (way) more than before. Samsung, just fix this.