Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages app

(Topic created on: a month ago)
AliciaC
First Poster
Options
Updated phone last night, can't use messaging app to text anyone.  

It's messages app on Samsung not Google messaging. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin999
Maestro
Options
See below link for fix and further down for response from Samsung.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s24-series/message-app-crashing/td-p/9960423?src=ShareByU...

The issue is being caused by a recent update to the Google Meet app. Please disable the Google Meet app for now until a fix has been issued. See response from Samsung.

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue with your device
We've received some reports from other users facing issues with accessing the Samsung Messages application. We have identified the cause of the issue as a recent Google Meets app update, and we have reported the issue to Google for further investigation. To restore functionality to the Samsung Messages app, we'd recommend performing the following:
Navigate to Settings > Apps > Meet > Disable.

View solution in context

58 REPLIES 58
niks77
First Poster
Options
Same here. Not working this am
0 Likes
Hellybobs
First Poster
Options
Mine wasn't working this morning. When I tried to read a msg the app just closed. Updated my phone because I thought it might not be working as I'd not Updated. It's still not working. The app just keeps closing
HELP..!!
0 Likes
jewboy1
Student
Options
Same here I'm on ee tried everything but my wife's still works. Will receive texts but only have a second to read them then app crashes
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Which messaging app? 

0 Likes
gexah
First Poster
Options
How do I claim free watch after buying 24 ultra
0 Likes
Crystalbear
First Poster
Options
Why is that happening?... Hellybobs.
0 Likes
Lainy23
First Poster
Options
I am having the same problem with the messages app. It closes before I can view some, or closes when I try to reply to others.
0 Likes
Splodge
Apprentice
Options
Did you get through O2 as have the link if did.
0 Likes
Cazza
Journeyman
Options
My messages app keeps closing when I try to write a message too. Powered off & back on, hasn't solved the problem.
0 Likes