Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Messages display issue 'Can't reply to this short code'

(Topic created on: 16-03-2023 03:24 PM)
Numec
Explorer
Options
Hello, I have seen this weird display at bottom of 'Can't reply to this short code' on messages that I have received. 

It looks like a flickering text display and I am unsure if anyone else has seen this?
I have tried to clear cache on this app but still seeing this issue.

35 REPLIES 35
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Can you change to Samsung messages and report back please.
0 Likes
First Poster
Options
TEXT TO SPEECH
0 Likes
lupeman
First Poster
Options

I confirm that I too have the exact same issue in google message app of my S23U

0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Yeah I have this
0 Likes
Lhanz_S
First Poster
Options

I experience the same in my Z phone. Irritating though when you press the message then "OK", it goes away...BUT when you open another message, it's there again. 😡😡😡

0 Likes
Numec
Explorer
Options
So, I did a little experiment. Uninstall update to Google Messages, and the issue was not visible. Updated the app, then it appeared again. Sent a feedback report to Google messages developer. Now I'm switched to Samsung Messages because, I've read that it has been a while and still no solution. I'm surprised that Google still has some of these bugs. I was having a different issue with Google Maps GPS signal lost on Android Auto which also is a known and popular issue. Guess after all of the progression, they also do regress.
0 Likes
SakuraMix
Apprentice
Options
Same problem with my s22 ultra.
0 Likes
Kevinn88
First Poster
Options
Same problem with the Samsung S23
0 Likes
Cferns
First Poster
Options

I have this same issue on my Fold 4. But it only happens on the main screen. On the inner folding screen it doesn't flicker. Maybe a resolution issue 

0 Likes
Emad90
Student
Options

I have the same problem,  it's happen after the last update this issue happened before with oneplus. This problem comes with the swipe gestures navigation bar, but when use buttons it will gone so it's need update , dont waste your time and make factory reset as samsung said . Its useless

0 Likes