Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google maps navigation problems (gps)

(Topic created on: 24-03-2023 01:31 PM)
Patryk9356
Apprentice
Options
Do any of you also have a problem with Google maps navigation ? It seems like my phone is losing gps signal. Sometimes, but not always, I have message "gps searching" next to the arrow on the map . Pretty often my position on the map freezes for 1-2 minutes. This screws me up. S23U is my work tool. Previously I had. S10+ And in 3 years I have never had a problem with gps. This is not what I expect from a flagship model. 

• Optimisation mode off
• Normal battery mode
• In the Google Maps menu , battery tab mode "unlimited"
Any suggestions?
15 REPLIES 15
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
In the app settings for Google maps check that location is set to precise. You can also check the location accuracy through the phone diagnostics in the Samsung members app to see if you have issues with accuracy. Another thing to try is the offline maps setting option in Google maps to see if it helps in case it is a network coverage issue where you are. I don't have a S23 myself but use maps all the time on my A53, so hope you get it sorted.
0 Likes
Patryk9356
Apprentice
Options
I tried everything. Location is set to precise. I downloaded offline map of my area etc This is not a problem exclusively on my phone . I posted about it on reddit and I see that others have the same problem. There must be a problem in software or the S23 has a very poor GPS module ...
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Did you try the phone diagnostic test in the members app for the location accuracy?
0 Likes
Patryk9356
Apprentice
Options
Yes , is "normal"
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Maybe try a support ticket with Samsung support to see if they can see if the issue is with your device or in general with the S23 and if they have any suggestions.
0 Likes
Patryk9356
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I have to try , thx
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Hopefully it is just a software big and not faulty hardware which is the issue and you get it sorted.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I use my phone for work too, I use Waze for navigation which is basically Google with another user layer on top but I think the way it works helps avoid issues when GPS is lost i.e it downloads the route when you start so it continues even if GPS drops etc en route. Not sure if this is helpful? I do know glass sunroofs in cars especially panoramic cause havoc with signals as they block or restrict mobile signals inside a vehicle and gps signals due to UV protection, if you connect to your car's Bluetooth or WiFi if available it can help a lot as it uses the cars external antenna rather than your phone so you get a much better signal. I hope this is helpful
Members_PG7J2jb
Journeyman
Options

Hello I have same problem. I had wrote other topics already and many people have same problem. The Waze and the Google maps regurarely lose the gps signal especially after a 3rd party application opened them. The google maps go doesnt get accurate lcation at all. I am working as driver and it is unacceptable for this price. The samsung must fix the problem asap or calling back the phones. All chinese phone has better gps chip and this company save the  money on few dollar chip. Ridiculus!