Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint

(Topic created on: 20-05-2023 02:32 PM)
Joe1234
Journeyman
Options
My girlfriend was able to unlock my phone using her fingerprint even though it's only mine registered. Has anybody else had this issue?
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
PaulM1
Options

That's very strange indeed, @Joe1234. Is this something that you have been able to replicate, or did it happen one time?

I'd recommend checking this in the first instance, and also checking which fingerprints have been registered as well. You can then remove any fingerprints that may have been registered inadvertently, or remove all fingerprints and set them up again:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-use-and-set-up-fingerprint-recognition-to-u...

Please let me know how you get on.

Joe1234
Journeyman
Options
Only managed to do this once so far but my biometrics are the only ones registered to the phone.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

It's not something I've seen reported elsewhere, so I want to help you figure this out, @Joe1234. Do you happen to have Smart Lock enabled on your phone (just to see if this had some bearing)?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-smart-lock-and-how-do-i-use-it/

Additionally, what were the circumstances where your girlfriend managed to unlock your phone (e.g. were you using a particular app, was the display off, etc.)?

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you use a screen protector?
Joe1234
Journeyman
Options
Thank you. It seems strange and by the looks of it, it was a one off. She was watching a youtube video tutorial that was paused and the screen went off and locked but as she pressed the fingerprint sign the phone unlocked. Also Smart lock is not enabled
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I see the more romantic side of this technical issue..

Two people.. But one heart ♥ one mind ♥️.. One body..
How about that 😀
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This is certainly a conundrum and one which has never happened on my Samsung phone's. 

Even when getting my partner and adult children seeing if they could.

It does sound like a one off but even that one off shouldn't have happened  !

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Joe1234
Journeyman
Options
Yeah it's never happened on any of my previous samsung phones either.
Joe1234
Journeyman
Options
No screen protector
0 Likes