Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Is this normal?

(Topic created on: 20-05-2023 04:14 PM)
Drconfused
Pioneer
Options
Sorry if I am disturbing anyone but I just want to ask if it is normal for my phone to randomly heat up when I'm not using it and when I open it , it randomly restarts.
If you know how to fix this please do tell and have a lovely day.
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
0 Likes

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
This is a known issue to ultra models but samsung fail to acknowledge and as I'm aware it happened on s21 ultra ans not sure on s22 ultra

I think let it cool down don't charge it how long it's been hot.
Send a dm on here and I'd be happy to help further

View solution in context

Solution
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star β˜…β˜…
Options
I've had no problems with my s23 ultra overheating, or any previous ultras I have owned. It shouldn't be over heating.
https://www.galaxys23ultrauserguide.com/fix-overheating-issues-on-galaxy-s23-ultra/
If you used smartswitch to transfer data over. Sometimes this can cause problems. Transfer only important data and download apps from fresh from the playstore. Maybe back up your data and do a reset. If the issue continues contact where you purchased it.

View solution in context

Solution
BandOfBrothers
Options

Hi @Drconfused 

Your phone will naturally heat up dependent on the background processes to what app's your using and how your using the phone such as watching movies or playing games.

The phone has a built in chamber to channel heat to the outside to dissipate. 

Certain cases may hinder the dissipation. 

Your phone is only showing an issue if you see a warning pop up message or the phone shuts down.

None of my Samsung Galaxy Ultra phone's or Note phone's have heated up to the point of the phone shutting down or being too hot to hold.

You could try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star β˜…
Options
Probably a stuck background sync error or a new rogue app you may have installed.

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
This is a known issue to ultra models but samsung fail to acknowledge and as I'm aware it happened on s21 ultra ans not sure on s22 ultra

I think let it cool down don't charge it how long it's been hot.
Send a dm on here and I'd be happy to help further
Drconfused
Pioneer
Options
Thanks alot
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star β˜…
Options
I have never had this problem and I have had the last 3 Ultra if not more
Solution
Fiona26
Options
I've had no problems with my s23 ultra overheating, or any previous ultras I have owned. It shouldn't be over heating.
https://www.galaxys23ultrauserguide.com/fix-overheating-issues-on-galaxy-s23-ultra/
If you used smartswitch to transfer data over. Sometimes this can cause problems. Transfer only important data and download apps from fresh from the playstore. Maybe back up your data and do a reset. If the issue continues contact where you purchased it.
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Options

Hi @Drconfused 

Your phone will naturally heat up dependent on the background processes to what app's your using and how your using the phone such as watching movies or playing games.

The phone has a built in chamber to channel heat to the outside to dissipate. 

Certain cases may hinder the dissipation. 

Your phone is only showing an issue if you see a warning pop up message or the phone shuts down.

None of my Samsung Galaxy Ultra phone's or Note phone's have heated up to the point of the phone shutting down or being too hot to hold.

You could try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Drconfused
Pioneer
Options
Thank you
Drconfused
Pioneer
Options
Thanks 😎
Drconfused
Pioneer
Options
Must be a one of then
0 Likes
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star β˜…
Options
Probably a stuck background sync error or a new rogue app you may have installed.