Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fingerprint reader screen protector

(Topic created on: 12-02-2023 08:12 PM)
Members_qGeb6PX
Journeyman
Options

I have had it with this phone, what a pile of garbage, tried 3 different screen protectors and none will work with the fingerprint scanner,  what ***** decided we needed one under the screen in the first place!!!!! 

Yes i suppose I could fit a plastic one instead of a tempered glass protector by WTF should I this is supposed to be the top android phone available it should work with anything, this costs £1500 it should have a fingerprint reader that matches that price tag, its £300 or so to fix a broken screen so obviously most people will want to fit the best screen protector available, why sell top of the range phone that cannot use top of the range screen protector. The Samsung approved one is just the cheapest plastic thing that offers little or no protection. Even without a screen protector the reader only works about 50% of the time, its not good enough. This is going back, I will stick with my note 9, its been faultless, out of date it may be but at least it works, every time.

S23 Ultra over priced garbage.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you reset fingerprints after you put on screen protector or just put it on top after setting fingerprints and it doesn't read?

I have had a screen protector on every Samsung phone I have had and never had a problem. I did redo finger prints after putting on the screen protector

Alot of folks on her have had success with Tauri, white dome tempered glass and Samsung's screen protector, have you tried some of these?
Npah3
Pathfinder
Options
Speigen works, have that on my S23. Also Dome glass works very well
sirjohneleth
Pioneer
Options
Spigen neo flex works but is a wet apply and some people don't like those ones but I've never had any issues with film ones. Tempered glass ones can be awkward and some will never work due the the way the glass is others need rescan of prints. The under screen scanner is amazing.
Npah3
Pathfinder
Options
Members_qGeb6PX
Journeyman
Options

yep follow instructions, remove the registed prints, fit the protector, which does happen to be Whitestone 3d dome on this last attempt, and it wont register any print, 

0 Likes
Members_qGeb6PX
Journeyman
Options

"Tempered glass ones can be awkward and some will never work due the the way the glass is others need rescan of prints. The under screen scanner is amazing." 

NO ITS NOT amazing, if it is not good enough to read any fingerprint with any glass fitted it is barely adequate, amazing would be if it just worked every time regardless, it cant

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you turned up sensitivity?

@BandOfBrothers is a big fan of white dome, let's see if he see this and jumps on, he maybe more help

In the mean time turn up sensitivity
Members_qGeb6PX
Journeyman
Options

grow up, regardless of how carfull you will always get marks, scratches over time, the point of fitting the protector is BEING CARFULL to make sure that those things dont damage it

Members_qGeb6PX
Journeyman
Options

so far tried and failed with speigen, whitestone 3d dome and a no name dry adhesive one from amazon, no use with any of them

0 Likes