Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo Calling another S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-03-2023 02:53 AM)
Personal
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Support, Please Help.

Calling from my 3 days old S23 Ultra another S23 Ultra, there is an annoying echo, and hearing myself. T-Mobile told me to turn off Bixby features but the problem persists. Is anyone else facing this issue? This issue is not happening when calling other people. I tried using a Bluetooth headset, and the case is reduced but persists. 

I'm starting to change my mind about this phone.

27 REPLIES 27
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Does this echo happen everywhere you try to make a call or in a certain area.

Or is it definitely only when you call a contact who's using a Samsung Galaxy s²³ series phone ?

If so that's a conundrum as it shouldn't matter what phone a person is using.

The issue is usually due to network connection  / signal strengths or the call connection is glitching.

You can run a diagnostic test via your Samsung Members app.

And a Samsung Service Centre can run a test on your phone @Personal  

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Curious, try turning off Dolby Atmos and see if that makes any difference? Just guessing but read about a similar issue that ended up being Dolby related!
0 Likes
Personal
Apprentice
Options

anywhere anytime-- to the point, I send voice messages instead. So annoying 

Personal
Apprentice
Options

will try that and let you know

0 Likes
coachashley1
Student
Options

my wife and I have this same problem when we call each other on our new S23 Ultra phones. We are through AT&T so I think it is a phone issue and not a carrier issue. 

Charlie1200
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue was yours resolved?

0 Likes
Charlie1200
Journeyman
Options

Same here its driving people I speak with crazy. I phones other Samsungs constant echo in background. 

0 Likes
Charlie1200
Journeyman
Options

Was your issue resolved? I have same issue. 

0 Likes
coachashley1
Student
Options

We found that it had to do with the phone cases that we were using. We returned them and purchased different ones and our phones have been doing much better since. the phone case we were using that was causing the issue was the Spidercase for Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Waterproof, Built in Screen Protector Full Protection Heavy Duty Shockproof Anti Scratched Rugged Case. I did try going through the settings and tinker with those per some other posts that I saw but ultimately it seemed like it was the phone case causing our issues.