Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth battery in status bar

(Topic created on: 25-02-2023 02:00 PM)
Atcy
Pioneer
Options

It would be great if the battery level of the bluetooth device you are currently connected within the bluetooth icon in the status bar (like many Android phones and iPhones do, see picture below). I realize there are ways to show the bluetooth level battery level like widgets or through the media output menu. But imo, having it in the status bar is just so much more convenient to monitor the battery of my devices. So at least the option to do that would be great!

Cheers!

1089350023722303492.jpg

24 REPLIES 24
shahsb_27
Student
Options

I have recently shifted from OnePlus to Samsung.. And I regret it! I miss vertical scrolling, miss bluetooth indictor and all that... 

shahsb_27
Student
Options

Other phones only show status for headphones because earphones themselves do not have clear indicator. Watch shows battery level but earphones totally depend on phone for indicator. 

0 Likes
Burninwolfe
First Poster
Options

Is it possible to show battery percentage of non samsung devices? if yes, Can you please guide me as I tried yesterday and i was unable to succeed. 
Thanks 
Phone : Galaxy S23
Bluetooth Device : Boat Neckband Earphone

0 Likes
Atcy
Pioneer
Options

It's possible to show the battery percentage of (samsung and non samsung) bluetooth devices by going to the bluetooth settings (see screeshot; to get there, e.g. tap the bluetooth quick setting tile). However (and this is the point of this thread), imo the battery percentage should be available at a glance like on other android devices and iphones.

Screenshot_20240220_194807_Settings~2.jpg

0 Likes
CoolioWolfus
Apprentice
Options

Quick additional feedback on this an extra icon & the power % on the status bar, the icon can change based on connected item with battery info & could cycle through them as required: ear buds, watch, ring, tile, keyboard, mouse, joy pad, etc.

To save space it could optionally (by users choice) reuse the phones % and battery icon position, cycle an accessory power & icon next to it or allow extra battery indicators for all accessories to be shown, depending on size of the status bar & options selected.

0 Likes