Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth battery in status bar

(Topic created on: 25-02-2023 02:00 PM)
Atcy
Pioneer
Options

It would be great if the battery level of the bluetooth device you are currently connected within the bluetooth icon in the status bar (like many Android phones and iPhones do, see picture below). I realize there are ways to show the bluetooth level battery level like widgets or through the media output menu. But imo, having it in the status bar is just so much more convenient to monitor the battery of my devices. So at least the option to do that would be great!

Cheers!

1089350023722303492.jpg

24 REPLIES 24
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for your suggestion, @Atcy. I appreciate that you have already alluded to the ways you can check the battery level of your paired Bluetooth devices.

You can also access this information via the Status Bar (albeit via an extra click) by holding the Bluetooth icon. This will show all of the Paired devices and any connected devices will be highlighted on the Bluetooth menu with the battery percentage indicated underneath the name of the device(s).

Alternatively, you can access the same menu via Settings > Connection > Bluetooth.

Fizaan
Navigator
Options
Which phone is this?
0 Likes
Atcy
Pioneer
Options

I use galaxy s23, the screenshot is taken from a oneplus phone. 

Atcy
Pioneer
Options

I appreciate the additional suggestions, I still think have the status available at a glance in the status bar should be an option.

Cheers! 

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can simply add a battery widget, a nice copy of apple.

1677354111147_1677354111134_0.jpg
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Atcy
Pioneer
Options

Thanks, I'd prefer not to waste space on my home screen. I really do think status bar option should be available. 

PaulM1
Options

It's a good idea, @Atcy, and I definitely understand how it could be useful. From what I understand, however, the fact that multiple Bluetooth devices could be connected to your phone simultaneously would make the status bar more cluttered (e.g. seeing battery information for more than one device) - whereas, as it stands now, you can access the same data via the use of a widget or a long press on the Bluetooth icon.

Atcy
Pioneer
Options

@PaulM1 wrote:

It's a good idea, @Atcy, and I definitely understand how it could be useful. From what I understand, however, the fact that multiple Bluetooth devices could be connected to your phone simultaneously would make the status bar more cluttered (e.g. seeing battery information for more than one device) - whereas, as it stands now, you can access the same data via the use of a widget or a long press on the Bluetooth icon.

Thank you for the suggestions, I hope Samsung will add this feature in the future. (I'm not sure how devices that have the status bar feature handle multiple connected devices as I rarely do this, but I'm sure there is a sensible way.) 

0 Likes
David 777
Student
Options

Just make it display for the active audio device like LG does it. I've had multiple devices connected before and it only showed the active one.