Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beautiful battery life @ the beginning now not as much

(Topic created on: 11-02-2023 11:19 PM)
Bharwah
Pathfinder
Options

Before,,

Now after, no apps in background, all either in sleep or deep sleep, sync off, 5G + wifi was with the above and it lasted way longer and this is what im getting after 2 days , and i should be charging to 100% right ? Or 85% ? ( Been (charging to 100% )

A lot of people are posting on reddit its due to the smart switch via old mobile to new, don't know how much of this is true...

10 REPLIES 10
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I can confirm, I used smartswitch when I got my note 20 ultra. The battery was terrible. Reset and started as new. Just used my back up and then downloaded apps. It really improved battery. The protect battery obviously is meant to help battery health last longer. I found the extra 15% to go quite far and decided not to use the feature. This was with my s21 ultra. I may decide to use it if the battery is good on the s23 ultra. So far its looking good for me.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Yes I'd advise not copying older apps via smartwitch from your previous device. Battery life for mine is going steady with around 10h SoT from a full charge over a day.

Personally I've never used the protect battery for my S21 Ultra and it's still going strong today with 2 days use and 6h SoT from a single charge. I do however use it on my Tab S8 Ultra, which unfortunately has a bit of a weak battery life, but I feel it needs more protection 😁
Bharwah
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks a lot so just use the smart switch back up for files to restore and download the app all individually?,

Did you turn anything off eg.
5G, 120HZ , WQHD+, switch performance profile to light, turn sync off , turned on WiFi battery saver , data saver etc or leave all that on
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
That's correct, download apps individually. The only thing Im not using is WQHD+ as I think I forgot to change it. Only got the phone yesterday. I also went into connections and turned on some of the WiFi settings. Also turned off ultra-wideband. Performance on standard.
Bharwah
Pathfinder
Options
I see that too , does it actually drain battery though?? And do you still use 5G or you changed it 2 4G
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
5g on but mostly been on WiFi today. Not sure if it does drain battery. Just remember seeing a few posts where it showed high on battery usage. So I thought I would turn it off.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For me, I have always used smart switch, I guess I am only concerned about if my phone last me the day with my heavy use.

I charge my phone at night regardless what charge is left, as I cant have my phone off for work and ability for my family to reach me. I maybe more concerned if I left my charger at home and I was away for a few days I guess but wouldn't I just turn on power saving?
Bt32
Voyager
Options
Do you have a Galaxy Watch? I disconnected mine today and went from 4-5hrs SOT to 10hrs SOT today!
0 Likes
Bharwah
Pathfinder
Options
Nope non of that except the old galaxy buds
0 Likes