Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6.1 AOD - NO COLORS

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
Members_SGNdqEV
Student
Options

Dear Samsung!

The 6.1 update ruined the AOD for everyone, there was a missing brightness setting and the colors are disappeared. I would like to ask you to restore the possibility of the customizations. If you remove features from time to time nobody will feel the urge to upgrade their Samsung phones anymore.

The previous AOD was beautiful, the font size was big enough to read even the battery percentage, the notification icons were colorful and there was more space between the clock and the notifications, it was obvious at the first glance if there were notifications or not.

Now the font size is smaller, everything is white, the notification icons are almost unreadably small and they are too close to the clock. I would like to see colors on the AOD (this is why I bought amoled) notifications just as before: red for gmail, blue for telegram, green for missed calls, etc...

Outsourcing the AOD options to a different application (good lock) was a bad idea in my opinion, but removing features is even worse.

Thank you in advance!

37 REPLIES 37
MellorHatter
First Poster
Options
100% agree. This UI update seems to just be Samsung trying to turn their devices into iPhones.
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

As long as I can get it back to how it was 

UK_Linny
First Poster
Options
I haven't noticed any changes. In fact, other than the camera tweeks, it doesn't look any different.
0 Likes
Vassterak
First Poster
Options

I agree too!!!

Now I cannot find a way how to change size of the clock or add custom text to AOD, like it used to be!

Now for what ever reason, when I choose clock that I like the font is much bigger then the rest, which wouldn't be a problem if I could change the size manually.

Please fix it. If I wouldn't want to customize my phone I would purchased an Google Pixel or iPhone, do Don't act like that. Updates should add new features a streamline existing ones not to remove them! 

Members_QFVvyd2
First Poster
Options

No problem for me on S23 ultra.  The only changes on AOD are possibility to customise colors (great new options !) and notification icons (mail, messages, WhatsApp...) are now displayed in the same color as AOD

For exemple I can choose orange for aod but all will be displayed in orange: clock, widgets, notification icons

No problem to customise clock : font, size)

0 Likes
Members_zXJjxeo
First Poster
Options

I could make a gif from anywhere with the S-pen and make that gif my AOD. I want the gif option back on AOD and the brightness option is also an issue right now as it doesn't exist anymore... I'm really upset about this and I hope Samsung will fix this issue ASAP. 😞

CenSaf
First Poster
Options
Totally agree. It needs to be put back to how it was before todays update.
read
Student
Options

Was this an UPDATE or DOWN GRADE? Please fix. Its useless as it is now

mooze
Journeyman
Options

Totally agree! I was waiting for the update to be able to see the wallpaper on aod and instead of that we get this cr*ppy update...