Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6.1 AOD - NO COLORS

(Topic created on: 05-04-2024 06:59 AM)
Members_SGNdqEV
Journeyman
Options

Dear Samsung!

The 6.1 update ruined the AOD for everyone, there was a missing brightness setting and the colors are disappeared. I would like to ask you to restore the possibility of the customizations. If you remove features from time to time nobody will feel the urge to upgrade their Samsung phones anymore.

The previous AOD was beautiful, the font size was big enough to read even the battery percentage, the notification icons were colorful and there was more space between the clock and the notifications, it was obvious at the first glance if there were notifications or not.

Now the font size is smaller, everything is white, the notification icons are almost unreadably small and they are too close to the clock. I would like to see colors on the AOD (this is why I bought amoled) notifications just as before: red for gmail, blue for telegram, green for missed calls, etc...

Outsourcing the AOD options to a different application (good lock) was a bad idea in my opinion, but removing features is even worse.

Thank you in advance!

52 REPLIES 52
Dev1n
Apprentice
Options

All these settings can be changed by editing the LOCK SCREEN (thanks for the correction). It's an option at the bottom of the list when under the AOD page. Tap on edit the home screen, then tap on the clock when your home screen is in edit mode. Tons of options. And some people are saying the lock screen has nothing to do with the AOD and that's mostly true. But editing the lock screen is the only way to access the AOD color/size/style settings.

0 Likes
amyamy17
Explorer
Options

Yes there are heaps of clock options but my one I had last isnt one of those

0 Likes
amyamy17
Explorer
Options

And you mean edit lock screen not home screen

0 Likes
PatrickS911
Journeyman
Options

Same thing just happened to me. I have had many issues with Samsung including warrenty claim issues with a TV. I'm never buying a Damsung product again. The clock is too small and its usless now. And why is it on the side of the screen? Makes no sense at all. Stupidity.

0 Likes
amyamy17
Explorer
Options

Messenger_creation_e3aaccb4-adb2-4ffd-96d0-985e6daa7fcd.jpeg

I agree because I had my clock on default font on 6.0... after upgrading to 6.1 it looks bolder even though it's still on default. Have they changed the default font? I have read that it's still One UI Sans still for both 6 and 6.1. 

Messenger_creation_d2cfccbb-8154-4f03-98b6-5f108101a7a6.jpeg

 old font ^^ thicker is new font

0 Likes
amyamy17
Explorer
Options

You can change your clock styles, go to settings, lock screen and AOD, EDIT LOCK SCREEN (pic attached) and you will be able to choose by touching the clock,  it will give you a variety of options. Hope that helps

Screenshot_20240411_162842_Settings.jpg

im just having trouble understanding why the default clock aod looks like different font and can't seem to font the old font anywhere. It's not samsungone, not roboto 😪

0 Likes
PatrickS911
Journeyman
Options

LOL you are talking  about something else not related to this discussion. We are talking about AOD. Not the home or lock screen. This discussion has nothing to do with the home or lock screen. 

0 Likes
mooze
Journeyman
Options

It' an AOD problem. I don't even look at the lock screen. Phone goes direct to main screen when unlocking from AOD...

amyamy17
Explorer
Options

The new upgrade doesn't let you have your lock screen clock different to your AOD clock so it has everything to do with it. 

0 Likes
PatrickS911
Journeyman
Options

Ahh ok. So they made it super hard to change it. I restarted my phone and your instructions then worked. Thank you. And edge screen notification effects are gone ? Mine don't work anymore and the old "edge screen" option is not there anymore.  Update - a second restart after the initial update was needed for edge notifications to work.

0 Likes