Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra 3 months on

(Topic created on: 16-09-2023 12:36 PM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
So I have had my ultra 3 months and its still the best phone in world right now in my opinion. Battery life is still brilliant, its an average of 10 hours sot for me. Screen is beautiful and clear and gets so bright when you need it too not to mention that 2.5 k resolution. Software has been rock solid I have never had a lock up or stutter. Had a couple of apps suddenly close once or twice but that's nothing really. Still a very good looking phone as well I just can't fault it at all usually by now I find problems. Only draw back to me is still durability. Still has my 3 little scratches from 3 weeks in but to be fair no more have come. Still a slight chip to the paint at the bottom but again haven't got anymore. Have also noticed one spec of dust in the 3x zoom. Is not infront of the lens though but how it get there. All minor stuff but usually my phone would in be in this state after 12 months not 3 but hey ho its still the best phone in the world 😃

Will I upgrade to the s24 ultra probably not as there is not alot that can be improved on here. When I do upgrade though it will be another ultra for sure unless exynos rears it's ugly head again, then I will be screwed 🤣

One thing I forgot to mention the 1-120hz is a complete shambles its 24hz - 120hz at least its fluid though 😃
4 REPLIES 4
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Glad you are enjoying your phone.

I have been enjoying my S21 Ultra Exynos 😎 for over 2 years now and still haven't felt the need to upgrade it.

I don't get why people are so hung up on exynos vs snapdragon.

I resisted the s22 Ultra and S23 ultra so hoping the S24 Ultra will tickle my fancy.

How do you get 10 hours SOT?
Are you using light mode?

I get around 5-6 hours SOT which translates to a days use easily for me on my S21 Ultra Exynos.

I do game COD mobile and everything is full.ON though so location permissions do take a bit of a toll on my battery.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
So the reason it annoys me is because you pay a price for a phone here and you get inferior performance you buy it in USA and its better. Imagine a Volkwagen golf. You buy it in USA and you get 2.0 engine. Then if you bought it here and it had a 1.5 engine you would be annoyed wouldn't you. This is the same principle. Every exynos I have owned has had poor standby drain and got warm quicker than qual comm. If exynos comes back I may try it but if its rubbish it will all go back and it will be apple or pixel for me.

For the sot the first answer is snap dragon obviously.
I use auto light&dark mode so this time of year its mostly light. Brightness is auto. WQHD 120hz. Everything is on really no cut backs. Alot of time is spent on WiFi. I don't really game though so that's the difference. 10 hours is max as well it usually falls somewhere between 8 &10 but honestly for me the main reason is snap. My s21 would use 20% over night this uses 6% this is with aod on
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Fair enough.

I have heard the argument. I personally feel the exynos and snapdragon is blown out of proportion by YouTubers.

SOT is more app based Nd I have got 11 hour SOT bingeing on Netflix on WiFi.

My current battery drain is around 5% overnight although I normally charge my phone overnight as I like 100% in the morning.
Come home with around 70% as hardly use my phone at work and then just game or stream till its down to 15% .

I guess with samsung ultra is the way to go.

One UI 5 was a game changer for the S21 series in terms for fluidity and smoothness and I hope Samsung continues it with one ui 6.

Waiting to see for s24 series gets . 😎

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea with the chip argument that's just may personal experience but being slightly unfair as I always had regulars and this is my first ultra. Yea one ui 5 was a big change. That's very similar battery to me when I'm at work. If I'm having a chill day then I just get up with 100% and use it all day for 10 hours ish until it gets to 15 then put it on charge. I am very excited for the s24 series although I will wait till the 25 to change up the device