Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain after One UI 6.1 update S23 Ultra

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
czanek
First Poster
Options
I'm experiencing a huge change in battery behaviour in my S23 Ultra after the One UI 6.1 update!

It's terrible! The battery life was excellent before the update, now - the phone barely survives a day, I have to charge it up during a day, it never happened before.

This has to be related to the update. I hope Samsung will fix this ASAP as this really cripples the phone!

If the fix won't happen, and some rumors turn out to be true (Samsung trying to push users to get a new gen phone) it'll be my last Samsung phone! I've paid so much money for the highest model only to have my battery life cut almost in half by a software update one year after! Insane.
270 REPLIES 270
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

How was it before and how long does it last now? 

rickyleedarby
First Poster
Options
Put the power saving feature on
0 Likes
Ravidts
First Poster
Options

I'm facing the same issue after 6.1 update. Battery drains very fast. Device also getting hot after the 6.1 update. 

keith30
Maestro
Options
Samsung is aware of the battery drain bug effecting the S23 series is working on a fix
Lunalock
Journeyman
Options

Same.  S23 Ultra has terrible battery after the update.  I've also some issues with inconsistent charging and the phone getting warm.  Haven't had the touchscreen failures I've heard others having, have had some issues with webpages loading when opening the Samsung browser.  Also noticed the Android OS used 8.12GB since April 1st when it wasn't previously listed in my mobile data history.  No idea why, I don't use high data off Wifi in general so if it's the actual update then I'm not sure why it's listed in mobile data.

Aryssto
First Poster
Options
Also have the same problem. After the update I have to charge battery twice a day while it last enough for a day before. Hope the fix will release soon :winking-face:
Patrick Drishya
First Poster
Options

facing the exact same drainage problem. Pathetic 😶

Members_E7nelmF
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem 

My s23ultra is getting hot now after update and battery lasts about 8hours now wtf

Before update I got nearly 2 days on full charge. I got the phone 2 months ago so it's new 

This phone won't last long at this rate of battery consumption and that's probably the point 

Members_YyRAPWY
First Poster
Options

I have registered only to report the same issue. The battery life is now a joke compared to previous os version. Please solve this problem for s23 ultra.