Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD service provider crashing phone

(Topic created on: 23-03-2024 11:54 PM)
sao010301
First Poster
Options

My phone keep crashing cause "android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: Cannot open database '/data/user/0/com.samsung.android.app.aodservice/databases/clock_attr.db' with flags 0x30000000: Directory /data/user/0/com.samsung.android.app.aodservice/databases doesn't exist"

And it made the phone randomly restart.

It's really annoying.

I've updated my phone to the latest.But this issue still occurred.

Is there any way to fix the problem with OTA or reinstalling the package?

AOD Version: 8.5.66

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@sao010301: Have you downloaded any unauthorised files to your phone prior to the issue occurring? Based on the file path in the error, it seems as though the problem is stemming from the clock in the Always On Display, therefore you may wish to try heading to Settings > Lock screen > Always On Display, and toggling this feature off temporarily to see if this helps. 

You may also wish to try restarting the phone in Safe mode, as this will disable all third party apps and help to determine if the problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

With Safe mode active, monitor the performance of the device for a few hours, based on the frequency that you encounter the issue. If you notice an improvement, then please restart your S23 as you would normally and uninstall any apps of files that you have added to the device since you first encountered the issue. It won't be possible to determine exactly which app is at fault, therefore we recommend approaching this via a process of elimination. 

0 Likes
sao010301
First Poster
Options

Even device was in safe mode,it still crashed.I found some options in SysDump,and I changed Debug level to High.When the crash occurred the screen showed Subsystem crashed ADSP.IMG_2716.jpgMore info see the attachment.

I am wondering if this is a hardware defect or just software.I read the logs and I only found ro.bootmode is unknown.

0 Likes