Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb c port not working

(Topic created on: 13-06-2022 08:13 AM)
Tripti
Navigator
Options
Hi,
After the latest update, my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra USB c port is neither charging nor working with a laptop. I am able to charge the phone using a wireless charger. 
Can anyone help with this. 
Thanks & regards, 
Tripti. 
36 REPLIES 36
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello, try Reset USB Port Settings. To do this, go to Settings / Applications and click on the area marked in the screenshot that I attach. Turn on Show system apps and accept. Find the USB Settings App and clear the cache and Data in Storage. Restart your phone and check.When the problem persists, change your cable. 

Greeting

Screenshot_20220611-225132_Settings.jpg

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Tripti
Navigator
Options
Tried this, still same error
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Tripti If you have tried with another cable and the problem persists, try to delete cache partition from Recovery. If you have never done it and you are not sure - do not do it. You must proceed to Reset to factory values from the settings of your phone. First try to backup your files from your phone to One Drive.
If you prefer, wait for opinions from other users before proceeding.
All the best.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Tripti
Navigator
Options
Thanks. Am trying to back up my phone at present, shall then try a factory reset. Have also booked in a repair for this thursday .
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you checked the USB port on the bottom of the phone for a build up of dust, fluff etc...
Tripti
Navigator
Options
Thanks StuartR. That was the 1st thing I did.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Tripti: Please can you try heading to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Cable charging, and follow the on screen prompts. Does this test return an Action Required notification? If so, do you have access to another compatible cable that you can try to see if the issue persists, as this will help to determine if the problem lies with the phone or the charger itself. 

Tripti
Navigator
Options
Have tried using 4 separate charging cables
Tripti
Navigator
Options
Hi Andrew, Thanks. Have tried this. Sometimes it recognises the charging cable ( Samsung issued) for about 20 seconds or so then errors out. The charging stops. But when connected to a laptop or another USB device, it doesn't do anything.
0 Likes