Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - Fast charging and Super fast charging not working after UI 5.0 update

(Topic created on: 27-08-2022 09:55 PM)
Soorajit
Explorer
Options
I am using 3rd party 30W charging for my S22 ultra. And it charging 0 to 85 in 38 mins with super charging pd feature. Now after the UI 5.0 update, it's taking 1 hour and 44 mins with same charger. And it shows cable charging in notification. I have restarted device several times but no success. Samsung please fix this issue with small update.
I have turned on and off in battery settings as well for fast and super fast charging toggles. We can not wait till stable version released. Its very essential feature. 

Cover image

20 REPLIES 20
djfields1
First Poster
Options

It's not just 3rd party. It's Samsung brand chargers to. I have a Samsung 45w, car charger, that won't work, and a 45w and 65w Samsung super fas charger that won't, super fast charge

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I have an after narket charger and fast and super fast charging isn't working. I'll try my regular Samsung charger when I get home to see if that works OK. I have submitted an error report but I suspect its a function not enabled in the beta version yet. If for any reason samsung stop supporting 3rd party products I would stop buying Samsung. It's one of the main reasons I avoid Apple and Sony products etc I.e they blocked 3rd party hardware such as chargers and controllers etc to try to make people buy theirs instead. I think in this case its probably due to being in beta mode but the removal of SD cards is a concerning sign.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Sounds like hit and miss. Some users reports issues with super fast charging not appearing under Beta 1 but for others it works. Possibly should work better with Beta 2 that rolled out 

0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I can confirm my Samsung wall charger fast charges. Just the non Samsung chargers I have on normal charge
Thez
First Poster
Options
Using same device charger supplied with phone. Used to fully charge in 1 hour. Now states will fully charge in 12hr 34 min 72% available. This is crazy. Last update July 2022. Can I roll back or wipe phone back to factory settings. Help....
0 Likes
Pedds
Explorer
Options
I have same issue with s22 ,still on ui 4.1,happend after a small software update.on s20 it works fine.
0 Likes
S22ultra2
Pioneer
Options

The same problem with 4.1UI after 1 August Security Patch update.... hope samsung reflects and takes care of this BIG issue ASAP

0 Likes
Members_y35skKv
Student
Options

Same problem with me. However I have the 45w officially Samsung charger. Only getting the normal charging speed no fast or super fast. Which is annoying seeing that the 45w charger is expensive and still not as fast as competitors. 

0 Likes
salman raza
First Poster
Options

Same here and I am using official 45W charger so its still showing superfast charging when I connct the charger but within a few seconds it starts saying chrging but the time remains the same so I am guessing it is still on supercharging.

But here is the tricky part before the update of OneUI 5 supercharging was extremely fast but now it is as good as fast charging and noticibly slower than supercharging before the update. Hope this gets resolved real soon as I loved superfast charging now its just slower 😞

0 Likes
peterchan7708
First Poster
Options

If you have the Super fast charge or fast charge buttons toggled "on" in the Settings-battery, then your phone is actually charging at your selected speed despite it initially displaying "super fast charge" and changing into "charging" after a couple of seconds. This is a VERY stupid "upgrade" by Samsung considering the number of people mistakenly thinking the fast and super fast charge functions are gone, upon seeing only "charging" on display. 

But unfortunately super fast charge now only works with the original Samsung super fast charge charger. Generic chargers cannot perform super fast charge.

*Information obtained from Samsung Shop salesperson. Not officially verified by Samsung techies.

0 Likes