Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung's Ai upgrade concern

(Topic created on: a week ago)
Handymanphill
Explorer
Options
Hi, so I keep getting a gentle nudge from Samsung to upgrade my phones Ui to 6.1 which comes with this Ai update. In all honesty, apart from the potential improvents to taking and editing photos, I honestly can't see many benefits this new supposed tech improvement will provide me, as I don't use any of the improved functions in the first place. However, I'm under no illusion that I will be eventually forced to have to use this UI, whether it's on a phone upgrade or whether I decide I upgrade my current phone. What's concerning me is this following statement on Samsungs website...

Galaxy AI features by Samsung will be provided for free until the end of 2025 on supported Samsung Galaxy devices.

What features exactly are Samsung encouraging us to upgrade to, that we will no doubt become reliant on, only for them to all of a sudden send us a message saying "you now need to pay us a monthly subscription if you want to carry on using it".
Surely they can't load a phone with tech, get everyone excited to be using it, only to then start charging people for the privilege. That's like forcing a downgrade to your phone.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this "Ai" drive that all phone manufacturers are going down seem to be an opportunity to entice people in (initially because it's free) but then plan on charging people to use these features that the phone comes with. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Handymanphill 

I totally understand your viewpoint on this. 

The paragraph you've inserted has been discussed on the forum, and on various tech sites when this was first launched. 

As of yet we just dont know if Samsung will levy a fee to continue to use certain aspects of the Ai features. 

If you perform a forum search you should find existing threads with some information within.  

That said the software updates may also contain enhancements for other functions and features,  including security updates so it's still important to update. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Handymanphill
Explorer
Options
Thanks for your response. I agree with the security updates it's a good idea. But what I don't want to do is to really get used to a feature, just for them to whack me with a charge to use it in a years time
0 Likes
Poppychop
First Poster
Options
,I find the my Galaxy very hard
to understand. As I am a very
elderly user I cannot even set
it up to get started is there anyone in the Northmptpn
area who would. be able to
help.? Catherine
0 Likes
Poppychop
First Poster
Options
Towcester I precisely
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Go to your local phone shop. That would be easiest. I would imagine them being friendly and accommodating 

LeeTom75
Journeyman
Options
3 mobile do discovery sessions to help you learn how to use your phone, it's free and they will sort out amy issues you have. Pop into a shop
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Check out mkbhd 's latest video . It kinda sums it up ( feature vs product.).
0 Likes