Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates

(Topic created on: 26-01-2024 07:30 PM)
Dave1789
Student
Options
I have an s22 US model. I can use a UK sim but it does not allow security updates. Any ideas?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Dave1789: Due to software variances that exist in our devices from region to region, it is likely that your Galaxy S22 is not compatible with updates that are made available in the UK, if it is intended for use in the USA. I apologise for any disappointment that this may cause. 

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Dave1789: Due to software variances that exist in our devices from region to region, it is likely that your Galaxy S22 is not compatible with updates that are made available in the UK, if it is intended for use in the USA. I apologise for any disappointment that this may cause. 

Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Could the OP use a VPN to connect to US to update @AndrewL ???
0 Likes
Dave1789
Student
Options
Very disappointing, I use Samsung rather than Apple as they restrict their users less, May have to move to another make 😕
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Piper123: As updates are typically made available through network providers, I'm not sure that this would work, I'm afraid. @Dave1789 If you have access to a home computer then you may wish to try Smart Switch to see if the update can be applied here. 

To begin with, please follow the link below, and click on 'How Do I Get Smart Switch On My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your S22 using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, and look for an update prompt on the landing page, next to your device details.

Dave1789
Student
Options
I did try smart switch but it just says the software is up to date. I'm not so bothered about getting android 14 as security updates, mine I'd December 2022
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thank you
0 Likes