Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update over WiFi

(Topic created on: 22-05-2022 11:29 PM)
LcCsizi
Apprentice
Options
Hi there! I've got a little problem with software update over WiFi. It's just doesn't doing it. The WiFi is working perfectly I can update the apps from play store or galaxy store but not the software. Not even on my Note20 ultra. Luckily I've got unlimited data sim in both of my phone but honestly that's not the case. Anyone else having this issue?
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

There is an issue where users can't update using mobile data but didn't hear being unable when using WiFi. What happens, you try system update and nothing happens on WiFi and then if you try using mobile data it then  shows? 

LcCsizi
Apprentice
Options
I checked if any software update is available, showing me there is an update available, can click on download and install then nothing is downloading. Showing the time left --:-- and I can wait and wait but nothing is downloading until I switch off the WiFi and start again on my mobile data. Then the download is starting. If I pause the download to try to go back to WiFi download still not downloading, only mobile data. I'm with Vodafone and my home Internet also with Vodafone. Didn't try in my workplace WiFi but if the next software update available and I will still having this issue I will try to use my workplace WiFi and we'll see if that works. Will share in here.
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It would be useful if you can test some other wifi connection for system download. If it works elsewhere then we can look into  the home wifi connection 

0 Likes
LcCsizi
Apprentice
Options
I will do when the next one will be available. By the way as I said my first message my home WiFi is working perfectly with everything else on my phones ( updates from stores, playing games)
0 Likes
LcCsizi
Apprentice
Options
Note 20 ultra software update available Screenshot_20220526-090454_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
LcCsizi
Apprentice
Options
This is a screen recording about trying to update my phone over WiFi.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9xyimwyiu7mgui/screen_recording_20220526-090941_software%20update.mp4?dl=...
0 Likes
LcCsizi
Apprentice
Options
Next video will be the try over other WiFi (my workplace WiFi ).
0 Likes
LcCsizi
Apprentice
Options
So here is the result for the update over other WiFi ( not my home WiFi )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/paal75lh4qpuhqd/screen_recording_20220526-133414_software%20update.mp4?dl=...

0 Likes
LcCsizi
Apprentice
Options
As you can see it's working fine so I have no clue what is happening with my home Internet because I can use it on my phones for anything ( gaming, apps updates from stores, Web browsing and so on) , but not for the software update. Any ideas? But I will be available for testing when a new update comes out. Thanks 👍
0 Likes