Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected build date s22 ultra

(Topic created on: 15-11-2023 11:23 AM)
mattmoo78
Journeyman
Options

Hi, recently purchased an S22 Ultra 512gb Green off of backmarket.co.uk, overall the phone is in "excellent" condition exactly as described. 2 issues I have with it; it's an unlocked Vodafone erm, phone with CSC EUX EUX VOD, I've flashed it with latest firmware SM-908B EUR 23-10-10 S908BXXS6CWI1 Android 13 which went fine, but still has the Vodafone recommended software screen after it rebooted. I thought I was flashing a non-carrier firmware. Also, I've tried sideloading beta 3 Android 14 with One UI 6.0 firmware as an update.zip via ADB, the software checks were ok but the flash failed because the expected build date doesn't match the serial number. So does this mean it won't receive the official OTA update which is apparently releasing today? What is the solution, wait until full flash files are available on sammobile.com and samfrew.com? Or is there any way the build date/serial number issue can be resolved by sending it in for service?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
keith30
Mastermind
Options
I very much doubt Vodafone won't touch it if you're flashed a carrier phone. You may need to do a factory reset for it to work properly. The Andriod 14 still hasn't been released yet for the S22 series and is currently still going though the beta testing program, everybody thought it would be released today as printed in a list issued by someone a few days ago but that doesn't seem to been correct.
0 Likes
mattmoo78
Journeyman
Options
no, you don't understand. I'm not asking if Vodafone will do it I'm suggesting it's a build date/serial number issue with Samsung after it was refurbished by backmarket. Basically it's under 12 month warranty by them but those issues prevent me updating it to android 14.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well you wouldn't know since it hasn't been officially released for the S22 yet. As far as I'm aware no one in the UK has the official release for the S22 line yet.
0 Likes
mattmoo78
Journeyman
Options
look, I'm saying my device won't sideload the ota update cos there's an issue with the build date, I'm thinking cos it's a refurb
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You're trying to side load an unofficial beta. That right there voids any warranty you may have, so I'd suggest not announcing it, especially over official Samsung community forums, assuming you care about that ofcourse. But furthermore, these forums aren't suitable places to discuss such topics, just a friendly reminder.
0 Likes
mattmoo78
Journeyman
Options
erm, no... who said anything about an unofficial beta? Samsung invited members to enrol in the beta program, but since the official enrolment ended the remaining option is for the rest of us to sideload it if we wish. We're not talking about unlocking the bootloader (jailbreaks) and flashing custom roms. So to summarise, I've done nothing wrong, I haven't damaged my phone it just won't sideload the update due to the refurb company setting the build date wrong. ION Android 14 was supposed to release today, but they went to beta 4 instead.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Nope, that isn't how it works. You brick your device this way, you think you should be refunded? I think you should take a long hard look over your T&C of use on your phone because you're in for a real surprise if you think what you're trying to do is covered by the warranty.
0 Likes
mattmoo78
Journeyman
Options
look guy, you don't know what you're talking about and I'm not here to argue. and FYI, nothing is bricked!!
0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well I'm simply expressing some friendly advisory caution. If you feel you know better, have at it.
0 Likes