Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The S22 Ultra accidentally restarts

(Topic created on: 05-04-2022 09:13 PM)
vagabonti
Explorer
Options

You must have realized that I live in the nightmare of constant restarts of my S22 Ultra. The night before I got a breath of fresh air by changing the screen protector. During the day, however, I noticed that turning off the phone might be a reason to rest and not restart for a while, but for a while. Today I tried my last Joker. I changed the Sim card with E-sim or virtual. For now everything is OK. Like last night and tonight, full of no restarts, I share with you my new discovery. If the phone stays stable for a few days, I will write to confirm that the lack of a physical Sim card is the key to a good experience with the S22 Ultra. Good night! 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Fingers crossed for you @vagabonti  🙏 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

vagabonti
Explorer
Options

Hello! Restarts continue. To reduce the frequency, it helps to turn off the phone and turn it on again. This reduces breakdowns to 5-6 per day. I changed the tread again to make a difference for the second time. For now, there is another increase in restarts, even during a conversation, compared to the original ... We'll see.

0 Likes
vagabonti
Explorer
Options

Hello! The restart continued and I wrote a comment on Samsung's website, which was extremely negative. I don't know who to thank, but I've only had one restart since yesterday afternoon. The phone is already stable, I don't even think about removing the protectors anymore ... Apparently I received remote support, because today I don't have any crashes all day. I also play games that didn't even start two weeks ago. 🙂

0 Likes
vagabonti
Explorer
Options

S22 Ultra is rubbish that I do not recommend to anyone. If someone reads this before buying such a phone - do not, do not make this mistake. I am considering leaving the brand as a supporter and resting with a new phone from this nightmare. It's time after 4 years of lies that the new Exinos will be better. We pay the price of SD, and we get a slow, inefficient phone. And on top of all that, all techno channels are trumpeting that Exinos is rubbish, and we pay every year and hope that this year will be fine ... Enough! I want a change. Because I trade when I sell appliances, I've always recommended Samsung for all kinds of appliances. This will no longer be the case. Regardless of the professional or recommendation point of view, I will be more reserved. Do I feel betrayed - yes. Is there a cure - change. I will not pay $ 1,500 for garbage.

0 Likes
Members_HLlKtw6
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here aswell, the phone restart itself 3 - 4 times per day either while using it or while its not being used. 2 updates later didnt fix the issue... I guess its time to finally switch to Iphohe.

0 Likes
vagabonti
Explorer
Options

Today I gave mine to the service. But I will hardly buy Samsung more, whatever they promise. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Members_HLlKtw6
Journeyman
Options

Keep me updated of how long the repair service takes... i heard that sometimes it takes from weeks to months... i dont have a 2nd phone and i can't just send this one to service and wait empty handed for months..

0 Likes
vagabonti
Explorer
Options

It took three days. They replaced its motherboard and back cover. He was returned without remarks. I was just trying to get it on. I already have another phone and I don't want to see Samsung.

0 Likes
Members_HLlKtw6
Journeyman
Options

Does the phone work now though? 3 days with full motherboard change seems okay, as long as it doesn't randomly restart then you should be fine with that.

0 Likes