Strange Bluetooth Activity

(Topic created on: 05-10-2023 08:01 AM)
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
First noticed: 6th October 2023
Last experienced: 7th October 2023
Android 13/One UI 5.1

Yesterday whilst on my laptop I noticed a call, unsure if its incoming or outgoing the number showing was 10000 maybe has a few extra 0's...I ended it. Nothing shows in call logs.

Today whilst listening to Spotify in my car a call appeared on my "media center" with the same number.

The only way I could end it was to turn off my phone, I was driving and no where to pull over so didn't want to fiddle with buttons.

I don't have any "dodgy" apk's installed, everything on my phone is from Google Play/Galaxy Store and I'm not one for mobile games or useless apps so it's not full of rubbish.

I have a Samsung watch too so Bluetooth is on a connection with that all day and that also doesn't show anything on it and I don't have the calls feature enabled on it as I'd be looked at strangely talking into my watch 😄

I have checked for a system update and the only thing waiting was the UI 6 Beta.

Anyone else experienced this?
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
CarlH
Options

Hi @SteveQuinn. This is the first I've heard of this. Some others here may be able to assist you. If it does happen again though, please send an Error Report. To do this, open the Samsung Members app > tap on 'Support' in the bottom right corner > scroll down and tap on 'Error reports' and follow the on-screen steps. This will be sent to my colleagues who can look into the issue. 

0 Likes
MontyS23U
Pathfinder
Options

Galaxy watch hard fall detection.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
How does that help the OP?
0 Likes
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options

Doubt it @MontyS23U, because as stated there is no number showing on call log. I don't even have that feature enabled and if it was it would be set to the number of my missis.

0 Likes
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
Will do thanks but nothing actually appears on the phone when it happens. I only know its happening via the connected device. @CarlH
0 Likes
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options

@CarlH This issue happened again whilst in my car so I have filled in a support thing as suggested and chosen bluetooth and granted access to the logs it needed. I have unpaired my car for the time being and kept the connection to my Galaxy Watch 5 and Laptop, if the call happens on the laptop I will grab a screenshot to show you but nothing every shows on my phone screen so pointless getting a screenshot of that for you.

I dont have hard fall detection on but the number in that area of my settings is set to my missis. Also the link you gave won't load for me, apparently it doesnt exist.

0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
not too sure... but i would probably do a virus scan to be sure . for reference most dodgy apps aren't games. they are usually apps that old people install. like a galery or some silly tool or banking app. why would a hacker want to steal a kids pocket money when they get grandpa to open into his pension ? plus the elderly are less tech aware and are less likely to notice. google only this year removed a few dozen apps that had spyware and had gone unnoticed for over a year with 100s of downloads each. do you have a 2nd dialer app? can you have a look through application perms which apps can access contacts and make and receive calls?
0 Likes
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
I am not an "old person", I dont have any silly tools or banking apps, all my apps are legitimate and for the organisations and companies they're meant to be from. I dont even have games on my phone apart from the Xbox/Xbox Game Pass and Playstation apps.

They're also scanned by "Play Protect".

Would you like a list of what is installed on my device?

I do know some apps can appear legitimate and indeed be false but thats not the case here I can guarantee that, plus if it was making calls it would appear in the call log wouldn't it?

I don't have any alternative malware scanning apps at present, do you happen to know of a good one?Screenshot_20231005_163918_Google Play Store_1000014238_1696520358.png
0 Likes
Josh50052
Pathfinder
Options
haha no worries 👍 . hmmm i don't trust play protect . its not foolproof. not really the call log is a log of what that same app has called. basically the call button is a shortcut to the call section , contacts is a shortcut to the contacts portion and logs well to call logs but essentially its 1 app. from logs you can switch to call or contacts. this is key because it will only show calls made to and from that app. so if you download APH call app and dial it wont show in the samsung app. i suspect an app or system is using the dialer separate from the user pre installed by samsung caller. if you head over to settings and find permissions you can see which apps have access to that call log and the permissions to make/receive/react to calls. ie some apps such as company apps have the permission. or youtube monitors calls so it can pause when a call is incoming. find out if anything can make and receive a call. did it look like a dialed number or a short code? such as *#1000# etc... it might be a system code thats normal and for somereason is showing in the foreground. either way if in doubt perform a system reset . better to be safe than sorry. messenger , whatsapp, line and zoom can all make calls...
0 Likes