Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Spotify over Bluetooth not working with S22 in the car

(Topic created on: 18-01-2023 09:10 AM)
iotwulf
Apprentice
Options

Hi,
I have 2015 Skoda Superb and love the Spotify integration with car infotainment to play music from the steering wheel for mobile devices. I got a new S22 in beginning of December and the phone simply refuses to activate music streaming in the car.  Normal phone operation works flawlessly but music streaming is not available. I have re-paired the phone a couple of times and made sure that the phone is not paired to other audio output devices but no  help.  I also re-installed Spotify and made sure that it's allowed to see external devices

Going down in settings to Connections -> Bluetooth -> <device cog-wheel> -> Audio and trying to enable Audio immediately flips the tick-box back to disabled.

I contacted Samsung support and asked about the problem, for instance if there is a minimum BT version I need to have on the BT client for the S22 to work but I only got a cryptic " unfortunately we cannot provide any answer to this question" kind of answer.

I have used at least 4 different android phones, 3 different iPhones and 2 ipads in the car previously without any problem whatsoever. 

Anyone experienced anything similar ?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Burn29
First Poster
Options
I am having the exact same issue with my 2015 Skoda Rapid and my new s22. Unfortunately, I am also stuck!
0 Likes
Burn29
First Poster
Options
Have you made any progress in finding a fix?

I have not
0 Likes
Burn29
First Poster
Options
I have called Samsung UK support today and they want me to do a factory reset to see if that fixes it. Before I go through that hassle may I ask if you have done this already?
0 Likes
iotwulf
Apprentice
Options

I got the same suggestion but when asking what issue that could fix technically I did not get any answer. I have 20+ years of R&D mobile telecom work experience from bit level up to network service level and I don't do a factory reset without reason. Ask support what kind of compatibility problem a factory reset would fix ?

My phone came brand new. I don't understand what a factory reset would do to help and support could not explain it either.

0 Likes
Burn29
First Poster
Options
I agree with your assumption, as in I don't understand what a factory reset will achieve. I also don't want to do one for the faff.

The suggestion from Samsung support was to do it and if it doesn't fix the Bluetooth problem to then book it in under a warranty repair.

As I am new into this phone contract I have managed to get a replacement device from my network as this one is 'faulty'. When I receive this I will comment back here and let you know if the problem is fixed. However I doubt it will help fix anything as this feel like a software fault rather than the hardware of the device
0 Likes
iotwulf
Apprentice
Options

I got a system SW update yesterday and I haven't had the time to try out the new version. I will do it tomorrow, if it changes anything I can post the full version here as info

0 Likes
Solution
iotwulf
Apprentice
Options

The new system SW update fixed the problem 😁

The full Samsung SW version of the update where tjis is fixed is

SAOMC_SM-S901B_OXM_13_0083 EUX/-/EEX/EUX

I got it just few days ago. Support could just have told me that it's a known problem and a correction is coming instead of suggesting a factory reset.  Maybe improve the infoemation flow between design and support could help ?

Anyway, problem solved.

0 Likes
Burn29
First Poster
Options
Annoyingly, it hasn't fixed it for me. I have checked my software info and I believe I have same update as mentioned above. Exactly the same fault still.
0 Likes
Burn29
First Poster
Options
Apologies to keep posting now you've fixed your fault, but what Skoda device to you have?

I have a 2015 Skoda rapid with a Amundsen + media unit.

Any advice on how to force the phone to do the update again?
0 Likes