cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spen issues.

(Topic created on: 09-02-2023 04:11 PM)
Journeyman
Options
When I remove the s pen from my s22 ultra the phone doesn't register that the pen is no longer inside the device, I've tried restarting the phone, resetting all settings and resetting the pen but nothings worked. Any other solutions would be appreciated.
Thanks
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
PaulM1
Options

Hi there, @140190. I just wanted to check that you have the best settings in place when removing the S Pen from your S22 Ultra.

Whenever you remove the S Pen, you can change the function from Open Air command to either Create note or Do nothing. I'd recommend checking what setting is currently active and, if necessary, changing it accordingly:

Settings > Advanced Features > S Pen > When S Pen is removed > check/change the setting as appropriate.

Please also ensure that Air actions is toggled on:

Settings > Advanced Features > S Pen > Air actions.

In addition to this, the setting below will ensure that you receive a warning whenever your S Pen is left behind:

Settings > Advanced Features > S Pen > More S Pen settings > (toggle on) Warn if S Pen is left behind.

The guide below, from our friends at Samsung US, has some other, helpful S Pen hints and tips:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077673/

Please let us know when you get this resolved, and please let us know if you have any other questions.

0 Likes
Journeyman
Options
Hiya I have it set to open air command when pen is removed and still nothing.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Can you first confirm that your S-Pen is registered in your device by going to Settings>Advanced Features>S Pen. It should look like this, showing the S-Pen is inserted.Screenshot_20230209_163741_Air command.jpg
0 Likes
Journeyman
Options
It is registered with my device, it says its inserted.
When I take the pen out ot doesn't register that it's been removed.
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for checking, @140190. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend ensuring that the correct permissions are enabled for the Air Command app:

Settings > Apps > Select the "sort by" icon next to 'Your apps' > Select the switch next to 'Show system apps' and select OK > Air Command.

On this menu, select Permissions > Nearby devices > Select Allow > Select Physical Activity > Select Allow.

Please let me know whether this helps.

0 Likes
Journeyman
Options
These were enabled and still nothing
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, that's puzzling. Just for clarity, when you remove your S Pen, is it completely unusable/unrecognised?

How exactly does the issue manifest and how long have you been experiencing this, @140190?

0 Likes
Journeyman
Options
If I go into the settings and enable 'allow multiple s pens' it works but the phone still doesn't register that's its been taken out, if you understand?
It was working perfectly up until yesterday evening. Its happened once before and I managed to get it working again by resetting all settings. Unfortunately that hasn't worked this time.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Oh, that's interesting. Did you make any changes to your phone yesterday (like downloading an app, installing a software update or even adding a case or cover to your S22 Ultra)?

0 Likes