Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security update

(Topic created on: 17-01-2024 03:31 PM)
richbadcompany
Journeyman
Options
Hi my names rich and I have a Samsung galaxy s22 ultra but I haven't had a security update since September 2022 . Think I should have at least an update by now?

Thank you

Rich

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Snapper99
Voyager
Options
Have you gone back to the phone supplier?
Have registered the phone with Samsung?
Current Phone S23 Ultra (1TB)
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@richbadcompany , It's an odd one, Rich. In Settings > About phone > Software information, what's showing in 'Service provider software version'?

0 Likes
richbadcompany
Journeyman
Options
This?1705503645221.jpg
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers, Rich! Yep, that’s the one. The ‘TIM’ CSC on the end of that 'EUX/- /EUX/TIM' bit means that it was originally set up with a TIM network (Italy) SIM – which would be why it's not getting any updates (i.e. it's not in Italy or connected to the TIM network).

If you're able to get to a Samsung Experience Store/Authorised Support Centre: https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-experience-store/locations/ , and still have your Proof of Purchase, they may be able to help update it.

0 Likes
richbadcompany
Journeyman
Options
I live in Leicestershire there is a shop in the centre. Book a visit think they can help? Thank you
0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries. I’m not too sure about the “device not supported” message you got when it was connected to Smart Switch would mean in this case, but worth a shot if you can get your phone to a store and have them take a look at it IMO.

0 Likes
richbadcompany
Journeyman
Options
Appreciated thank you
AntS
Options
0 Likes
Quinism
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same issue and that screenshot matches exactly to what shows in software information for me.

0 Likes
richbadcompany
Journeyman
Options
Hi folks quick update on the status of my phone after recommendation to visit a Samsung shop. Took 15 minutes in the store for the paperwork and 1hr to flash the current android 14 and ui6. Thank you for everyone who took the time to reply..... best part about it it was fixed under warranty.
Cheers people take care

Rich