Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 ultra SM-S908B/DS battery drain

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 04:35 PM)
Members_o7Ozbin
First Poster
Options

Hi everybody ,

My Samsung S22 ultra SM-S908B/DS battery drain almost double then before ,  after 1th September update version  S908BXXU2AVH9. 😠

BEFORE THIS UPDATE , I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH BATTERY DRAIN   !!!

Is there anyone else with the same problem ?

Samsung MUST solve this problem !!!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you looked at the phone's device care to see what is eating the battery ??
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I find the battery improved after latest update. Did you clear phone cache? 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_o7Ozbin 

Try 

> Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_o7Ozbin: If you do continue to experience battery life issues, then please charge the phone to 100%, use it as you would normally until it reaches 50%, then head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Tap on the graph > Select 'Since Last Full Charge' and check the list of apps and features at the bottom of the screen to see if anything is using an abnormal amount of battery. If you do see anything that's draining your battery significantly, then tap on it, select 'Limit Usage' at the bottom of the screen, and place it into Sleep or Deep Sleep, depending on your preference. In the meantime, please check out the tips below to improve your overall battery life.

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On > Enhanced Processing > Off.

0 Likes
Members_o7Ozbin
First Poster
Options

To

Device Care does not report any application that drain the battery

0 Likes
Members_o7Ozbin
First Poster
Options

To

Yes , I clear phone cache .

0 Likes
Members_o7Ozbin
First Poster
Options

To

I cleared the phone cache manually application by application.

0 Likes
Members_o7Ozbin
First Poster
Options

To

I had already applied ALL the suggestions you posted, and there was no improvement.

Device Care does not report any apps suspected of draining the battery

0 Likes
Members_o7Ozbin
First Poster
Options

Thank you all for the answers!

Now I am going to take application by application and check all the permissions, although this was done a few days before the September 1st update.

Thank you all once again.

I'll keep you updated on the result of the permission check !

0 Likes