Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S22 Ultra Screen Problem

(Topic created on: 23-04-2023 01:42 AM)
chrisque5
Journeyman
Options
I was using my S22 Ultra, all of a sudden the screen turned shaded and a white strip along the front camera.
The phone didn't fall or hit. I bought this phone on 25th Feb 2022. Galaxy S22 Ultra  

S22-Screen.jpeg
Go to solution
34 REPLIES 34
arunstephen
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same problem. Since it's not related to physical damage to the screen, and  Considering that many people are experiencing the same issues on their Galaxy S22 Ultra, it seems to be a widespread problem. More importantly, it seems like a manufacturing or QA defect. Thus, Samsung should ideally recall all the affected devices and replace the displays free of cost, even if the phones are out of warranty. Since these issues don't seem to be caused by the mishandling of the device, Samsung should take full responsibility and help out its customers, considering S22 Ultra is a high-end flagship smartphone, and we expect such devices to last even longer. When these phones develop problems so soon, it leaves a bad taste in the users' mouths, pushing them away from the brand for good. 

MrD3
Journeyman
Options

Yup, but they are a big company they don't care for us little consumers yet its a wake up call to us who purchased high-end phones but with little support from the manufacturer. After 5 years when my S22U is out-date a mid-phone should be essential moving forward I don't want to spend $$$$ for a phone with only 1 year warranty support and defects will show up after a year of use.

There is already a circulating petition as to what i remember. most of the symptoms of causing the issue is the refresh rate going up to 60hz and the brightness issue avoid maximum brightness. Relate to your S22U some country accept the phone even if the warranty expires to what I watch last May UAE accepts out of warrant period S22U with display issue. 

Overall upgrading from S8+ to S22U is quite hanging on cliff with this issue waiting to knock on your door and brick your phone. If my S8+ can have a RAM upgrade I won't replaced it S22 is kind of in competent half way. My 2cent.

Tony_Van
First Poster
Options

The defect should be replace with no additional cost, but only in countries which have strict Consumer Protection Law I think. This is not going to happen in Vietnam (where  these phone produced)

0 Likes
E_n_t_h
Apprentice
Options

Facing the issue after the October update, i think Samsung needs to re-think its position in the market, end of the day if consumer is not happy he will never come back to any of their products again, be cautious samsung.

0 Likes
MrD3
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I agreed to that they should but its been 5+ months no published or news from samsung how they are handling this issues specially to owners who's warranty has expired. As of now I have decided if my S22 Ultra's display breaks again, I am really considering other brands (Xiaomi, Google Pixel) or just switch to iPhone. Main Flagship model and they just keeps quiet about the hardware issue. its like LG4 once again.

chrisque5
Journeyman
Options

IMHO, its not the problem with Samsung alone. Its happening across all brands. Atleast in my case both Samsung and Apple agreed to replace it without any cost as it happened after an OS update. But sometimes if they find any physical damage, they won't agree. I've been using Samsung since S1. I've had few bitter experiences too. But I don't have any idea to switch to other brands. FYI, the iPhone is quoted above is my wife's 😄 

0 Likes
Zahid Hasan Alvi
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem today and my warranty expired. I haven't visited the Samsung customer service yet. But it should be fixed without any charge by Samsung.

0 Likes
Tinu4
First Poster
Options

Hi Samsung, I'm currently facing the same problem, this is so sad for me right now as the phone is barely a year since I bought it

0 Likes
Anurag Gilda
First Poster
Options
I was using my S22 Ultra, all of a sudden the screen turned shaded and a white strip along the front camera.
The phone didn't fall or hit. The warranty of phone is finish. Any solution
0 Likes
MrD3
Journeyman
Options

turn display mode smoothness to standard and not adaptive it will temporary fix the issue but this should be fix by samsung support since its a hardware/software failure after the update 

0 Likes