Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6.1 completely breaks recent, home, back swipe navigation

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
NigelGB
Journeyman
Options

This completely sucks. I've been using and loving swipe gestures for recent, home and back buttons for many years, at least since I got my Samsung S9. It was just so natural.

Today I upgraded to ONE UI 6.1 and it's all broken.  

Even changing settings back to Swipe gestures, turning off  Assistant App and turning off Circle to Search, doesn't fix it.

The fact that they changed the default back to buttons suggests they KNEW something was wrong. I don't want buttons. I don't want a visible grey line at the bottom of my screen. I just want the intuitive swipe behaviour back.

Is there any way to get back the old simple intuitive behaviour?

Why would they suddenly change this long time behaviour?

Did anyone test this?

Has anyone been sacked yet? ... If not why not?

7 REPLIES 7
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi @NigelGB, You can thank Google for this. If you download Goodlock and Navstar you can revert to the Samsung way

1716709018019_1716709018008_0.jpg
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Neeny
Explorer
Options
Omg 😲 this is me!!!! I've just posted about the same thing. Sooooooooooo annoying!!!
Neeny
Explorer
Options
BTW I kept the grey line but the problem is, it is *****. It isn't smooth anymore. I kept getting samsung pay or circle to find instead of opening my pages
SabH
Pioneer
Options
Thank you. I'll just add, download Goodlock from galaxy store and navstar from within the goodlock app. Then hit the option he showed and the gesture options return in samsung settings.
NigelGB
Journeyman
Options

Indeed, it seems to be a awkward balancing act between seeing your recents list and simply dismissing the app or getting some other functionality. What used to be a quick and simple up swipe has become press the bottom in just the right place, hold it for just right amount of time, drag up and pause at just the right time to see your list. The thing I keep doing is accidentally dragging app icons off the common launch bar at the bottom onto the home screen or even into a folder on the home screen. It's so annoying.

0 Likes
NigelGB
Journeyman
Options

Yeah ... Why should we have to install Goodlock and Navstar, two 3rd party apps just to get the simple intuitive functionality back that we had before? People keep blaming Google but that's BS ... if those 3rd party apps can fix it why didn't Samsung? It's so awkward, you can't tell me Samsung didn't see the issue in testing.

MrFunnyGuy
First Poster
Options
Used galaxy store to get goodlock and navstar, all sorted in about 10 minutes

I hope they seriously rethink this