Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra screen defect

(Topic created on: 21-02-2022 01:12 PM)
projectam
Journeyman
Options

There seem to be a lot of users mentioning faulty screens:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/sxbrtf/galaxy_s22_exynos_owners_reporting_defective/

Seems to be easily replicable. Those who received their phones, please try below steps.

- set the screen mode to natural, 120 Hz and WQHD
- Keep the default animated lock screen wallpaper.
- set up a fingerprint.
- lock and try unlocking the phone using a fingerprint.
- same screen issue shows up on the lock screen at the exact same location reported in the Reddit thread.

Same thing happens in screen mode natural and watching YouTube.

What is Samsung doing about this, as it is clearly not looking like an isolated case?

113 REPLIES 113
MXSLVTR
First Poster
Options
This is happening to my S23 ultra wtf should I even do?? Should I go back to iphones lol 😆
0 Likes
40akrsdallasmav
First Poster
Options

I have experienced this EXACT same issue, and the subsequent ones with black screen, manual reboot not working for 3 days.  AT&T is sending me a new phone.  However, I might have stumbled on a very strange fix when searching the internet.  When it was in black screen and wouldn't wake up....I tapped rather firmly several times up and down the screen and did the same thing to the back of the phone.  The fingerprint validation suddenly appeared, and I pressed my fingerprint then the screen woke up.  Unbelievably, I have not had a single issue with the phone after doing this.  The pixelizing purple screen is gone, as well as the locking issues.  Super weird!

Morfio
Apprentice
Options
Right I will give this ago next time thanks :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Raza Hussain
First Poster
Options

Stop making us fool I'm using snapdragon 8 gen 1 phone & facing same issues where is the fault we were of the veiw that our Samsung is way better than iphone but we are proven 101% wrong with having this issue 

But In my case Good news was this after factory reset I'm not facing screen flicking issues any more but I'm not sure that how long i will not facing this issue in future 

0 Likes