Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra screen defect

(Topic created on: 21-02-2022 01:12 PM)
projectam
Journeyman
Options

There seem to be a lot of users mentioning faulty screens:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/sxbrtf/galaxy_s22_exynos_owners_reporting_defective/

Seems to be easily replicable. Those who received their phones, please try below steps.

- set the screen mode to natural, 120 Hz and WQHD
- Keep the default animated lock screen wallpaper.
- set up a fingerprint.
- lock and try unlocking the phone using a fingerprint.
- same screen issue shows up on the lock screen at the exact same location reported in the Reddit thread.

Same thing happens in screen mode natural and watching YouTube.

What is Samsung doing about this, as it is clearly not looking like an isolated case?

113 REPLIES 113
Rumen Moysev
Apprentice
Options

Go into chrome and paste this into the search bar: chrome://flags/#disable-surface-control

Then search for surface control in the search box that comes up

0 Likes
Members_tem0cJ3
Apprentice
Options

Mines arrives Saturday, wondering how many users in UK are having screen issues. I'm not a phone games player but use YouTube alot so worried to hear some of the issues. Hopefully a patch will arrive and we can get on with things.....assuming the Exynos 2200 behaves. 

0 Likes
JTC
Pioneer
Options

So not happy and they can have it back 😡🤬😡

0 Likes
Members_tem0cJ3
Apprentice
Options

Well, mine arrives Saturday and as things stand at the moment I won't be opening the box but returning it. However should an update come out before I send it back next week and it solves the issues it will remain.

0 Likes
projectam
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Members_5x24VGM
Student
Options

Just adding a me too to this thread. Exynos, WQHD and natural mode causes lines on the screen. I first noticed it in the camera app. Deleting the app data seems to have resolved it there. However, I'm getting it consistently in the netflix and youtube apps. Only seems to happen when fullscreen and if I swipe to bring up phone status bar and buttons (most of the time) it goes away.

0 Likes
Members_g1ZIedB
Student
Options

Seems like the update is out. Please check now if the issue is fixed for you.

0 Likes
tweetatoo
Navigator
Options

There is yet NO update until now on my device!

0 Likes
Members_mlZV3oA
First Poster
Options

samsung_update.jpg

Looks like there is one for me and am based in UK. A mega update and hope this fixes all those troubles. :hand-with-index-and-middle-fingers-crossed:

0 Likes
Ripperoo
Pioneer
Options

Well, it's downloaded for me in the UK and the fingerprint/screen issue is fixed! :smiling-face:

No sure about the Chrome and Youtube issues as I didn't bother to check if I had that issue, so hopefully someelse can come on here and confirm either way.

Well done to Samsung for getting their finger out so quick and sorting this annoying issue, but in reality, it shouldn't have existed in the first place on their flagship devices.