Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra screen defect

(Topic created on: 22-02-2022 09:49 AM)
projectam
Journeyman
Options

There seem to be a lot of users mentioning faulty screens:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS22/comments/sxbrtf/galaxy_s22_exynos_owners_reporting_defective/

Seems to be easily replicable. Those who received their phones, please try below steps.

- set the screen mode to natural, 120 Hz and WQHD
- Keep the default animated lock screen wallpaper.
- set up a fingerprint.
- lock and try unlocking the phone using a fingerprint.
- same screen issue shows up on the lock screen at the exact same location reported in the Reddit thread.

Same thing happens in screen mode natural and watching YouTube.

What is Samsung doing about this, as it is clearly not looking like an isolated case?

113 REPLIES 113
steve0
Voyager
Options

Following up from my previous post

I was getting the same issue intermittently. I carried out the steps in @KholaI   post, restarted a couple of times and it has now stopped. I have not been able to reproduce the fault

I  set the screen mode back to vivid,120hz and FHD+ overnight. This morning I set it to Natural, 120hz and WQHD and tested it again and the problem is back.

0 Likes
Ippocampo
Voyager
Options

Hello,

i got my Samsung S22 Ultra 6 days ago and found out i get this glitch too , and the fix works to set the colors to vivid. I can confirm with absolute certainty that no matter how much you can test a program, hardware or other you will never be able to think about all the possible scenarios that can happen. Surely having paid a high price for a product, you expect it to work fully but these things happen and will continue to happen and not just for  Samsung. Have a little patience in receiving the update, if you have the necessity and you can not help but have the natural colors, wait to buy it. Personally, it doesn't seem so bad to me to have to make a return, knowing that they will solve the problem. But I have my own ideas and they are different from other people, so I wish you a pleasant experience with your new phone,

best regards

0 Likes
Hmajaib786
Journeyman
Options

S22 Ultra  and also have the same issue with the flickering on Natural, Adaptive and WQHD+

0 Likes
t64
First Poster
Options

Same problem here - hopefully a software fix will be released soon to address.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

Just received an official statement on this one:

"We are aware of a limited number of Galaxy S22 Ultra devices experiencing a pixelated line on the display when customer plays Youtube or unlocks the device with fingerprints.

This issue may occur rarely when user set the device resolution to WQHD and Screen mode to Natural mode.

We have already worked to develop a patch on Galaxy S22 Ultra and will release software updates to address the issue soon.

We recommend that until then, please change the screen mode to Vivid or resolution to FHD+ of your device.

And please keep your devices updated with the latest software."

For those who need it, some guidance on how to change screen mode and resolution:

- To change screen mode, head to: settings > display > Screen mode > select vivid

- To change screen resolutions, head to: settings > display > Screen resolution > select FHD+

Members_aiUQERT
Journeyman
Options

i just received new s22 ultra via t mobile and I do NOT experience the issue setting display to natural mode, wqhd and 120hz

no pixel lines and no issues in youtube 

same firmware.

so it looks like something …

0 Likes
Members_g1ZIedB
Student
Options

Those who are facing this issue, Please also check if you are getting random black screens while using chrome. That one seems to be happening for both vivid and natural modes.

0 Likes
Members_g1ZIedB
Student
Options

Hi, Does this also cover the issue of random black screens on chrome? It happens even on vivid mode.

0 Likes
edd226
Explorer
Options

I tried to complain, I was told it wasn't their fault

0 Likes
Members_g1ZIedB
Student
Options

Did you try to complain about Chrome issue and they said no?

0 Likes