Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S22 Ultra Camera

(Topic created on: 28-05-2023 04:52 PM)
aspotofbother
Explorer
Options
Help! I'm so disappointed with the S22U stock camera. When I use zoom the camera stutters all over the place (even when on a tripod) - can't seem to focus properly at all either. I first noticed problems couple months back when I went to a concert I was using 10x zoom and on the phone itself whilst recording it looked incredible but when I viewed the videos back it cut out a lot of the video. Basically say if I was recording a person and you can see them head to toe and on playback you would get from their chest down... and if it was dead centre the video playback would be off centre and show footage that wasn't being recorded. I have cleared cache and restarted the camera app. Its up to date. I used Open Camera and the zoom works fine on that so it's something to do with the stock camera app itself. 

Any suggestions??
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
AaronAJ
Options

Hi @aspotofbother , we are sorry to hear about your camera. Could you provide an example of this? This will help us understand what you are experiencing.

0 Likes
aspotofbother
Explorer
Options
I wish I could send a video as I done a screen recording showing what happens when recording and then playing video back but it won't let me but here's a couple photos so you get an idea. Obviously you can't see the constant camera shudder but you should be able to see what I mean by what it looks like when I'm recording to video playback.

The photo with the black around is a screen grab from a video playback. The meatloud sign has been partially cut off and you can see the crowd yet when I was recording you could see the full meatloud sign and not much of the crowd. Hope that makes sense? IMG-20230428-WA0020_1000051690_1685293320.jpgIMG-20230428-WA0021_1000051691_1685293323.jpg
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

Have you noticed this on other modes with the Camera app, @aspotofbother ? As you have stated that it happens on 10x zoom. 

0 Likes
aspotofbother
Explorer
Options
Yes on 3x zoom I don't get the constant shudder but do get where the playback is slightly off to what I can see on the screen. Not as noticiable as 10x zoom but it's still happening and unsure why 😞
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

If you haven't done so already, @aspotofbother , please perform a Soft reset of your phone by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons together for around 10 seconds. Does this help?

0 Likes
aspotofbother
Explorer
Options
I have tried that, same with reset camera, clearing data and cache. My friend has the same phone and doesn't seem to have the same issue when I asked to test their phone - using same settings as me in case it was something in my settings. Using third party apps I don't seem to get the problem but I've paid enough money for this phone that I expect the stock app to be able to preform the way its meant to.
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

Have you performed a Hardware test on the Camera, @aspotofbother ? If not, you can do this via the Members app, then head to Diagnostics. Let us know how you get on! 

0 Likes
aspotofbother
Explorer
Options
The diagnostics only test the camera for photos? I remember trying before and it just asks you to take a photo on rear camera and front camera.
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@aspotofbother Please make sure your phone is up to date by heading to Settings > Software update > Download and install.

0 Likes