Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra worst phone

(Topic created on: 10-12-2022 08:13 PM)
B1331
First Poster
Options
I've been loyal to Samsung for years but the s22 ultra is awful continually crashing and freezing when you send a crash report you get told there is nothing wrong I can't believe I have to pay for this shite for 2 years will be looking to move away from Samsung after this 
7 REPLIES 7
ness72
First Poster
Options
I have a galaxy a51 and this phone is doing the same, keeps freezing and restarting on its own
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What have you tried to remedy the issues you are experiencing.

Clearing the Partition Cache on the phone is something that can remedy problems.
Helpful particularly if you use smartswitch to setup the phone.

Also it's common for some apps or particularly themes to affect a phones performance etc.

If you've just got the phone, you usually get a cooling off period where you can return the phone. Especially if you purchased online.

I have a Galaxy S22 Ultra, and my experience has been brilliant.

If you have a Samsung Experience Store near you, it's worth popping in and asking if they can help.

It's a shame you are not getting the same experience I am, but give clearing the Partition Cache a go to start with
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@B1331  Similar advice, firstly  wipe the cache partition by following steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key. Should not need to connect to computer in A series.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also repair Apps from the  same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @B1331 

It's a shame your experiencing these issues with your phone.

Along with the previous advice I would also suggest Safe Mode.

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

There is also a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

kmack
Explorer
Options
Just got mine the other day and same thing for me, i deleted the cache partition thing and it worked for me
lissmarie844
Journeyman
Options
I've had the same issue and tried all suggested and it still happens. It has to be the update that's caused it so needs another update or patch
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
If everything else has failed it only leaves a factory reset. Its a real pain as you have to set everything up again but it does fix some glitches. Hope this helps
0 Likes