Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra wont update

(Topic created on: 17-03-2024 12:20 PM)
Android 14 failed up
First Poster
Options

My s22 ultra has not yet received ui 6 or android 14 update. Tried manual update through setting software update getting response that the device is up to date. How can I upgrade, anyone?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
May I please ask, where did you get your device from and which country are you in?

We regularly encounter users having issues where they have bought the device from a different region and it won't update due to region lock.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Android 14 failed up  May be a region lock as @Piper123  explained.   You could try Smart Switch but no guarantee, need to connect Device to computer and have the software installed. Some information here https://www.androidcentral.com/how-update-your-samsung-phone-smart-switch 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Android 14 failed up 

Do you have a Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store as they might be able to help. 

I once imported a Samsung Note²⁰ from Hong Kong and this received updates just fine. 

I'm not sure region locks are a thing nowadays. 

A region lock stopped a person inserting their own sim card into a phone that was released in another country ,but could be removed remotely by Samsung Customer Services of the region the phone was released in, or a 5 minute call being made using a local sim card while the phone is in the region of release. 

Do try @JAMES4578 idea of Smartswitch using a PC too as this may work. 

Or pop in another networks sim card to see jf that instigates an update.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "