Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringtone missing?

(Topic created on: 15-03-2024 07:56 AM)
Jipunti
First Poster
Options

My ringtone changed a few weeks ago automatically (not sure how or why) and because I'm not used to it,  I never hear calls.  So today I went to change it back,  and there's no 'ringtone' option under settings/ sounds and vibrations.  I did a search for 'ringtone' and nothing came up except volume.  How do I get my ringtones back?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Not sure how a change of ringtone would render you tone deaf but I'd recommend a full factory reset.
0 Likes
Jipunti
First Poster
Options

That was bizarrely rude. I didn't know it was my phone because the ringtone wasn't mine all of a sudden.  And there's no association yet.  I'll try the factory reset but still unsure how it disappeared. 

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah, I guess Samsung dropped the ball there when they incorporated multiple ring tones on their phones. Were your other notification sounds affected? Out of curiosity was your device rooted, flashed, or were you using any 3rd party launchers or themes? I'd definitely do the full reset and see how you get on. Good luck.
0 Likes
jamesselenla
First Poster
Options

To get your ringtone back, you can try checking the default ringtone folder on your phone or use a file manager app to move the ringtone to that folder. If you're still having problems, you might consider restarting your phone or checking your sound and notification settings.

0 Likes
Jipunti
First Poster
Options

Thanks but its actually the whole ringtone folder that's disappeared.  I think I might need to go in. 😞 but I'll try reset first.  I just need to google what I might lose from resetting. 

0 Likes