Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 Ultra unable to share videos through whatsapp

(Topic created on: 13-04-2022 07:19 AM)
Sulakh
Apprentice
Options

I just spent two hours with Samsung support trying to get my issue resolved. The issue is that I am unable to send video over whatsapp. Videos that are forwarded from other phones I can upload without an issue - just not videos shot in the S22. Four different  'customers service' people took remote control of my phone and did all...the problem is still there. Ultimately they terminated the chat ....never known samsung customer service to be this bad

Go to solution
23 REPLIES 23
Sulakh
Apprentice
Options

Gosh! It worked ...thank you Adel111 - you just provided a solution that Samsung 'tech' was unable to provide me with 🙏

0 Likes
Members_gHVdVMk
Student
Options

What was the solution? I can't see it anywhere 

0 Likes
Neosoul
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue, which I just noticed last night when trying to share a super-slow motion video with some friends. A friend (thanks, Steph) suggested I try to edit the photo to a smaller size (click on the little pencil icon), save a copy and send that copy. Worked! So we pushed the limits to see how large of a copy we could send. The entire video was only 18 seconds and it let us send 17 seconds. Seems there might only be an issue sharing the ORIGINAL video, but a copy with even the slightest of alterations will send without issue. Hope this helps someone else!

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I just tried helping my brother with the same issue.

Most likely the video you are trying to send was shot in 8k24. WhatsApp doesn't support 8k videos compression, it seems. 

Choose any resolution lower than 8k24 and it should work. UHD60 worked at my end. 

If you are still facing this issue then please report back. 

jr33na
First Poster
Options

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS FIX! I was starting to regret purchasing the S22 Ultra having upgraded from the S20, but this completely fixed the issue. You da best.

0 Likes
mc555
First Poster
Options
Yes thanks @Adel1111 that worked
0 Likes
Jocelyn5
Apprentice
Options
I have tried all and everything. Can't even update WhatsApp as it's not there on Google Play store. My Samsung s22 is only 3months old so I think it's definitely WhatsApp at fault. Can't send recent videos_ photos via WhatsApp since 2.11.2022 but can send older videos! I've tried reinstall also, bo luck. What is wrong with WhatsApp?
Pjrocks20
First Poster
Options

You are right. I was having the same issue. so I chose a lower resolution and it works. Thank you.

0 Likes
RaghuA
First Poster
Options

This worked for me. Thank you!

0 Likes
vikkib88
First Poster
Options
I'm having this issue but also the way i have to access my pictures to send from my gallery I have to select 3 dots in WhatsApp then gallery its really annoying.
0 Likes