Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra static when trying to make calls

(Topic created on: 05-04-2022 03:48 AM)
MatthewL1
First Poster
Options

This is my 2nd S22 Ultra since launch.  Both produce static sounds when trying to make calls.  It is not with every call, but it is often enough and an embarrassment while trying to make business calls as the recipient of the calls sees and hears the calls coming through.

I've changed the physical sim cards on both (Verizon) and that does not fix the issue.

I've tried with wifi calling on and off and that doesn't help either.

The only thing that seems to address the issue momentarily is to close the phone app from the app drawer and reopen.  Not something I expect from a $1200 phone and my S21 Ultra had no issue on the same carrier and wifi setup.

Has anyone experienced the same and does anyone have a fix?  Thanks.

34 REPLIES 34
nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
Return for a refund.
0 Likes
Ty2022
Navigator
Options
I had it a couple of times,I turned WiFi calling and 4g calling off and it's been fine ever since,not saying its the solution but it was the fix for me
0 Likes
Bizzybiz
First Poster
Options

Something  with my 22 Ultra. I thought  it was because  I have 2 Sim cards so instead  of switching I stay on one but issue still happens  😞 no fix yet. Wifi calling  if off.

MrSmith81
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same issue.  If I turn off wi-fi then the calls instantly clear up.  It is so bad that people on the other end of the phone cannot understand me.  Surely there is a better fix than turning off Wi-Fi calling.

tx_harley
First Poster
Options

mine started doing the same today 4/4/2022. worked fonec2 days on last out going calls. it's not every call. it seems to be certain calls. can't tell if it is really specific

ive tried turning off Bluetooth

turning off wifi calling

turning off wifi

changing 5G to 4G lte

so far whats worked -

turned on all the above then

turned off wifi...this has worked for the time being.

Mashburn
First Poster
Options

Same issues with my new S22 plus, horrible screeching when I make calls, intermittently.  I began to notice while staying out of town with an unknown WIFI at a VRBO.  Tried everything and finally just texted.  Stopped for a while and now started again two days later.  I tried turning off the WiFi calling and that didn't work.  At a loss of what to do to fix it since I ordered direct from Samsung and it's on an ATT installment plan.  Who do I send it to return?

Oheyy
Student
Options

This is BS.. I hope they can fix this with an update. $1200 phone and more problems then my s7. 

Bhavesh Kothari
First Poster
Options

facing same issue in india on snapdragon 8th gen1 model too, while calling there is an harsh sound and call gets disconnected 

0 Likes
Jobin John
First Poster
Options

Same for me. But when I switch back and forth from LoudSpeaker to Earpiece fix the problem for each call. But have to do for always making calls.