Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ULTRA SPEAKER CRACKLING

(Topic created on: 08-03-2022 03:34 PM)
Sands820
Student
Options
Spoiler
Set up my new S22 Ultra today to only find out the speakers sounds absolutely horrendous!

When any sound is played through the speakers a loud distorted crackling noise over powers whatever it may be playing. Is anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix it?

Not what you expect from a top of the range phone!
83 REPLIES 83
Kv1532
Journeyman
Options

This also works for me. Thank you for suggesting this. Also it seems to only happen when ambient temps are cold. 

0 Likes
Kv1532
Journeyman
Options

For anyone that wants to see a video of the issue and cause of it. For me, it happens in cold weather. (30-50 degrees F)

https://youtu.be/vC73pyP4sVU

0 Likes
Members_rx5iK26
Journeyman
Options

Ordered s22 ultra and arrived home 25 February,  one day later found out has problems, tha ***** annoying sound on the upper speaker...went to Telekom to ask for a replacement, and they told me they can't,  I need to go to samsung service, went there, they said they cannot replace the phone, they can try to repair it, why the he'll would someone want a brand new phone repaired when is new??? I called the police.....talked to samsung after, told me.to wait for a phone from Telecom and maybe to get it back for a replacement!!! Wtf?

0 Likes
Members_aliTPxX
Student
Options

I also have the s22 and speaker is intermittent with crackling. One minute it's OK and the next sounds like the phone is dying

0 Likes
Members_aliTPxX
Student
Options

Totally agree

0 Likes
Members_rx5iK26
Journeyman
Options

Already took it to samsung service...while the phone was there the update arrived, 7 March, the screen problem seems to be solved but the sound crackling not. My biggest problem...is after checking on Internet I had a doubt, what if the phone was refurbished? How come the problem comes from the same side. From the top where you find the speaker and the proximity sensor. Found on playstore at the cost of 4.99 app called,  phone info Sam made a test with the s.n. and voilaa, your phone is refurbished. I want to say that I've verified 8 others samsung phones in my family and all 8 results are original. Only this one that has problems say is refurbished. Look, talked with samsung and they said it's a 3rd pard app and isn't recognised by them..I should cancel that app. But the fact is, is the only app that says the truth. Odk what to do, phone says refurbished, sound Is crackling they don't wanna change the phone with another. Is there any solution ?

0 Likes
Al791
Apprentice
Options

I returned mine and got new one. Set it up and same problem in cold weather. Can't be isolated defect, must be some bug

0 Likes
Lilmeg
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue received a replacement and still have the issue

0 Likes
LisandroC
Apprentice
Options

It happened to me when flying. I had the phone in my pocket for 5 hours and as soon as I get it to call to pick me up, the phone did not work. Loudspeaker crackling, ear speaker with almost no sound, I had to use my bluetooth headset. I even reset to Factory and continued with the problem. I turned it off for a few hours and it started working again well. In the second flight happened the same but I did not turn off since I wanted to see if it went back to normal by itself. After a few hours, crackling sound continued. Not even pressing the screen made it work well. Then, I reset it and work well again, as if it starts working bad when something happens (change in temperature), and when conditions go back to normal, you need to reset it to work again. Seems a software issue in my case because not even pushing the screen worked. Here is a video of my problem:

https://youtu.be/JG_iV57CuRM

0 Likes
Aag12
Journeyman
Options

Strange. This is my 2nd s22+ and initially it had crackling issues. But now it's better for about a week. One thing I changed is disabling the dolby atmos sound.

Maybe there was an app update that fixed it? Not sure. 

0 Likes