Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra selfie camera autofocus issue in low light

(Topic created on: 19-10-2022 03:09 PM)
drsaw23
First Poster
Options

Recently bought a Galaxy S22 Ultra, upgraded from my Note 10+. It has been less than a week use and I have noticed my selfie camera autofocus doesn't work well under low light (not very poor lighting though) conditions OR of the light is behind me - in the same conditions my Note 10+ camera works perfectly and autofocuses instantly. There is a slight blur, and focuses only when pressed on the screen while I don't have to do this on note 10+

Same issue is there in all social media apps + native camera app as well. No scratches or grease over the glass, have factory resetted as well for no avail. Most annoying part is, video calls using selfie camera is not focused and same issue is there in all apps.

Smilar focusing issues with 10x zoom camera noticed in low light situations. However focusing issue is not noticed under bright lights such as day time or direct light on to the subject.

Has anyone faced this difficulty? Is it a hardware of software problem? Any work arounds?

3 REPLIES 3
FastPotato
Student
Options

Hello, I have exactly the same problem as you. I bought a smartphone a week ago. It was produced in August. Can you please tell me if you found a solution to this problem? I hope Samsung recognizes this problem. I'm in bad mood 😞

0 Likes
Members_pOBqvyk
First Poster
Options

Hi all, 

Adding on to this, my S22 ultra also has a manufacture date of August 2022 and I am experiencing this same issue. If the light source is not directly in front of the Front camera, it cannot focus and stays blurry.  I have raised a Samsung Members error report for their awareness. 

0 Likes
FastPotato
Student
Options

Hi!
I knew I wasn't the only one with this problem, however I've contacted Samsung Members multiple times and so far they haven't recognized it as a warranty case or anything, which is extremely annoying. 🙄

0 Likes