Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
danci1973
First Poster
Options

It's almost end of January 2023, my SM-S901B is on (currently) latest software (security patch level December 1st, 2022)  and this issue is still not fixed - every couple of days when I need to use GPS it just doesn't get a fix and the phone needs to be reboot-ed to make it work again.

0 Likes
MackemMagix
Apprentice
Options

I've got the SM-G986B/DS and I'm seeing this issue too, unfortunately restarting doesn't always solve the problem.

Has Samsung confirmed this issue in any way?

0 Likes
ifAbbie
First Poster
Options
I'm getting no gps on any navigation app whilst driving. This s22 ultra is a nightmare
0 Likes
Okidoki77
Explorer
Options

I also have an Samsung S22 Ultra with no working GPS.
When i open Google Maps for example, the GPS sees i am in a location near where i actually am and after that it doesnt update the location anymore. Worthless phone. Especially for the price i had to pay for it.
And the fact that we dont hear any date on when a solution will be presented. There was suposed to be a solution almost a year ago.

0 Likes
Oliver073
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem on my Galaxy S22 Ultra. None of the recent updates helped.
A few months ago I reported the problem over Samsung Members on my phone. They asked me to send an updated system log right after the problem started.
After some time and analysis, they wrote that the GPS signal was always available according to the log.

However, the screenshots I sent all showed "Searching for a GPS signal".
It is difficult to understand why no one from Samsung is interested to solve this big problem on such expensive cell phones.

0 Likes
MackemMagix
Apprentice
Options

My issue has since gone away. I'm not 100% sure why but I think it was either one or both of the latest OneUI 5.1 release and the latest Android Auto Beta release

0 Likes
Okidoki77
Explorer
Options

My issues have also been solved after submitting a lot of info to Samsung.
The GPS is still not a super strong signal, but at least it works now.
As long as i don't keep the phone in my backpocket with car chair heating on, it will work just fine :winking-face:

0 Likes
Oliver073
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for your replies MackcemMagic and Okidoki77!
@Okidoki77 ... What did Samsung do to solve the problem? Did you send it to them? Or did they do something remotely?
I also sent them a lot of data, but according to Samsung, GPS works perfectly - which my screenshots clearly refute.
0 Likes
MackemMagix
Apprentice
Options

I didn't contact Samsung. For me it appeared to be resolved by one or both of the items I mentioned. Worth a try (note it's Android Auto Beta I'm using, not the standard GA version of Android Auto)

0 Likes
Okidoki77
Explorer
Options

I sent crash reports and info about what works and what doesnt.
I got a message back from Samsung saying they changed some things. And after that it actually did work.
What i first dit is try to delete Google maps from your phone. That wont work it will only reset Google maps to factory settings , so i did that. Then Google maps started working already. After that i did all the normal updates on my phone and it has worked ever since.
So i didnt send my phone anywhere. Hope youll be able to fix yours too. I know how annnoying a non working GPS  on a phone can be.

0 Likes