Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
Damo78
First Poster
Options

I've owned the S22 Ultra since April, and never had any issues with the GPS, until the last couple of weeks. 

A few weeks ago I was using at as my sat nav (Google Maps) for driving hundreds of miles on holiday, no issues at all, worked perfect. 

Then a couple of weeks ago it started having problems connecting to GPS. It didn't know where I was, occasionally it would get a signal and move me along the road, then it would almost instantly lose it again.

Oddly, I've found the same issue has appeared on Strava on my Galaxy watch. I tried a couple of days ago to record a walk, I walked around 3 miles, it tracked about 0.8 miles of it, again couldn't pick up GPS. I wondered if it was trying to use GPS on my phone, but this shouldn't be the case as it has inbuilt GPS. 

Really odd, but really, really annoying. Needs fixing ASAP.

0 Likes
Members_KHZhfoJ
Student
Options

still having the same issue on s22 plus ... when will there be fix !!!!!! this is unbelievable .. you pay a sum of money for a brick !!!!

0 Likes
skejpa
Pathfinder
Options

GPS problems on classic S22 still occur too. I guess they know about it but it is probably HW related.

Galaxy S22 256GB (SM-S901B/DS), aktuálně na S901BXXU6CWH5
0 Likes
michaelxy
Pioneer
Options

There will NEVER be a FIX, the hardware is defective!

Note9, unihertz jelly pro, Nokia 6300, xCover4, xCover5, Galaxy Tab Active3, S23 Ultra 0,5 TB
0 Likes
Trygve kristiansen
Journeyman
Options

Is this strange because my S22 works normally after the update that came in April. Suggest that you hand it in for service because there must be something wrong with your mobile.

0 Likes
laugher
First Poster
Options

This thread is very deja vu for me.

I've had my fair share of GPS issues with all the Samsung S series phones after moving on from my Note 9. Each scenario of those GPS issues while extremely frustrating, has been fixed with a firmware update despite people yelling and screaming out it can't be fixed and that its a hardware issue.

The most frustrating thing about it all is that most people don't seem to have any GPS issues whatsoever. I can assure you that given time, Samsung will fix them.

If you haven't read between the lines yet, here is what I am trying to say.

1. Samsung S series phones always has software issues that they will eventually fix. It could take months though.
  2. They don't seem to have a review/feedback cycle in their software development lifecycle where past mistakes are never repeated. Some people are slow learners I guess.

Are these kinds of issues isolated to Samsung's flagship phones only? Nope. I own iOS devices that have me screaming about even today. My pet peeve there is their content restriction feature but that's another story for another day. Searching for Google Pixel Pro 6 issues and I find lots of bugs there too.

Just wish there was another proven premium Android phone out there to give us customers more choice.

0 Likes
Chiross
Journeyman
Options
Same problem with my phone, but after update to Android 13.
Options

I have this exact problem on my A52s 5G but the GPS has never come back

0 Likes
AB2662
Journeyman
Options
Gps is a disaster with this S 22 ULTRA. Not up to scratch for a 1000£ plus phone
Av15H
First Poster
Options
Even with my Note 10 plus. Same issue no GPS, I use tomtom on daily basis to go work now the arrow in tomtom doesn't move. Even for waze, google map. I factory reset the phone. Clear cache uninstall the apps still nothing work. Its so frustrating.

I don't know when samsung will fix this issue.
0 Likes