Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
Members_m5VDFkv
Student
Options

I'm getting the same issue,  phone can't locate GPS. Had a s20+ before had no problems. Had a chat message with Samsung customer service said maybe don't use in the car??? Said to try over the next couple of days see if it rights itself. But still no joy , very poor.

AntonioMerretti
Pioneer
Options

Had exactly the same, had to restart the phone to get location working in Google maps etc. I think it coincided when the learning usage patterns for battery optimisations finished?

Pathogen9
Apprentice
Options

I was having this problem and found a post on Reddit that claimed to solve this issue for the S21 when running Android Auto. See below

Search "Location Services" on your device, once there find click "Maps" and then select "Allow all the time" ... this solved it for me and hopefully will solve it for you. 

DiamondG
Explorer
Options

Same problem for me, no gps signal, and I  Need nav everyday and its not working at all plus battery life is very poor!

Very disappointed of this new s22 ultra!

Please fix this problems asap

birukato
First Poster
Options

Have the same issue - GPS works after reboot for several hours, then stops working completely and appears again only after reboot, works for several hours, and then stops again.

Members_wPsECfI
Apprentice
Options

Same issue, GPS works for a while and then won't start again until after a reboot. Pretty pathetic for a new Samsung S22 ultra 

Members_bEvuCNt
First Poster
Options

My s22 ultra 256gb has the same issue

Maps don't work at all neither does Waze, it finds you, but when actually going on the journey, nothing moves, and says no GPS found

This is very annoying and must be fixed ASAP

Also battery life isn't great on this phone

I just upgraded from a note 9, was so close to saying F this, let me just get another Note 9 in good condition

saturn3000
Pathfinder
Options

I have the same problem, the GPS cannot find satellites, if I restart the phone, the GPS is working again.

I open GPS Test app, zero satellites.
I restart the phone 24 satellites.

I have S22 Ultra 12/256 Green and EUX S908BXXU1AVBF firmware.

Vinny1511
Pioneer
Options

Same issue here - 

Long periods of inactivity, and the GPS stops working. After a restart it works again.....Really disappointing. 

Vinny. 

Nick_S22
Apprentice
Options

Same problem for me with the GPS. When you need it most Google maps and Waze can NOT find any satellite to lock. I come from OnePlus 9 and everything keeps working like charm. I went to S22 SM-S908B for an upgrade but it doesn't seem like one. The user experience is not that great and the support here in Greece know nothing abt the issue. I had to make a full factory reset and GPS problem persists. It doesn't feel like a flagship device anymore