Journeyman
Options
No GPS signal,
but my Note 9 had no problems!
633 REPLIES 633
NickNR
Student
Options

That does not fix the issue in anyway, I think that was probably one of the things most people tried early on. 

I spoke to Samsung and spent a while going through everything that was done, the guys only advice at the time was to request a replacement device. EE are however a nightmare to deal with regarding this, despite everything I went through to their 'tech support' twice, and Samsung (as well as their reference number), I still need to wait up to 3 days for EE's third line to go through some stuff before I can get a replacement, which in no way means I will get a phone without the same issue. If Samsung could even tell us they know there is an issue and that a fix is coming it would be enough for most of us. As it stands I think I am sending this phone back (first time I will have done this since I started using Samsung phones with the first Galaxy).

Members_wPsECfI
Apprentice
Options

I spoke to someone at Samsung just now and he said the March update should have fixed the GPS issue according to him.  His suggestion is that I send the phone back for a replacement which will take up to 10 days.  I have tried a factory reset but still the issue persists.  Another backup and factory reset for me tonight.

I should've bought an iPhone.

I didn't mean that.  Sorry.

0 Likes
Abdul_Hasnath_786
Journeyman
Options

I spoke to them today. They said they are aware of it and apparently an update will fix it soon. They wouldn't give details on when and which update though. 

Members_Aln9ABy
Apprentice
Options

Dear Samsung. I'm having the same problem with my GPS. After one ride i have to restart my ultra otherwise GPS does not work. Is this familiar with you? And next question, can this be patched in an update to fix this? Pls answer.

0 Likes
Pathogen9
Apprentice
Options

Location services are on but if you don't always allow, i.e. when the app is closed and not running, it will not has access to your location and thus not be able to lock onto your GPS. But by all means be condescending and state what is quite obvious. 10 to 1 says you only allow gps when the app is running since it's such an obvious thing you clearly overlooked it since like me, your previous phone was set to allow all the time so CLEARLY that setting transferred over and I must have the only phone that dropped that setting.

0 Likes
Vinny1511
Pioneer
Options
Pathogen - Again, it's plainly obvious that you would check this first. 10 to 1 says, that almost everyone with this issue and In this thread has enabled GPS all of the time with the apps that need it..

Do you think that everyone posting here, and the XDA forums are simply overlooking a basic setting - What do you think Samsung do when you call ? They troubleshoot the issue, and this is the first thing they tell you to do - 10 to 1 everyone has already done it.

I'm sorry you found my post condescending, I found yours to be quite unhelpful, I guess you don't have the issue at all ?
renton82
Voyager
Options

Same problem here.

0 Likes
GPS Man
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my S22 ultra. But found a temporary quick fix....kind of.

I thought my phone is faulty and was just about to send it back, but after a reset GPS worked ......but after 3-4 hours no GPS again. The only fix was to reset the phone until I found a quick fix until Samsung will come with an update.

So, the quick fix is to have installed the GPS Status & Toolbox app (the icon looks like an orange satellite antenna in a corner of a grey square) , once opened is not going to find any GPS signal...of course.

But if you open Menu (upper left corner, tap screen once to reveal it) then go to Manage A-GPS, it will pop a window A-GPS XTRA Data with 3 options RESET, CANCEL and DOWNLOAD. Press RESET and in a couple of seconds the GPS signal is back without the need to restart your phone.

Vinny1511
Pioneer
Options

Excellent mate - Thanks for this. This work around, seems to do the trick for me too without the need to restart. 

Good find ! Hopefully, we will get some software support from Samsung in the coming days to rectify it properly. 

Its still frustrating, but better than a restart everytime I need to use the GPS, that's for sure....

Vinny. 

0 Likes
NickNR
Student
Options

You, good sir, are a gentleman. 

Looks to be a temporary fix that actually works! Thanks for that! 

I am going to continue to bug my network and Sumsung today until someone actually confirms what is being done about it!